Police Certificates

Hi,

We sent our i129f through our lawyer about middle of september 2004. We received our NOA 2 on 11/29/04, and they said it was fowarded to GZ in December 01,2004. I have some questions about the process:

1) Police Certificates. My financee was in the Netherlands for about 3 years, and I asked. They said the Netherlands won't give the individual the Police certificate, so what happens in this case? Will the US Consulate in Guangzhou request the Police certifiate from the Netherlands?

2) Also, she is currently living in China, and I am wondering how long it takes to get a police certificate in China, and where she has to go to obtain one.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to CFL John.

Now that I'm almost an expert...

I had similar questions a few days ago. I have no idea how to get the police certificate from another country.

Your second question depends on if she is a Chinese citizen. If so, she has a national ID card. Wherever that ID Card is, that's where she'll have to go to get the only police certificate she'll need from China.

Will the US Consulate in Guangzhou request the Police certifiate from the Netherlands?

Hi John, welcome to CFL. My sweetie went to school in Malaysia for 4 years. This fact is hard to navigate around due to all the questions about previous residence, employment, education, etc. So the topic of her living abroad will come up. And to answer your question, GZ really does seem to care a lot about these police certs, especially from abroad. When my sweetie had her interview, as soon as she mentioned that she lived in Malaysia, he immediately wanted to see her passport and Malaysian police cert.. Fortunately, she had her Malaysian police report.

As to your situation ... I believe the Dutch police do issue certs of good behavior. Try this site for more info:

The Certificate of Good Behaviour for Legal Persons (VOGrp) - Netherlands

Do you have questions or would you like more information?

For questions concerning the Certificate of Good Behaviour, please contact the staff members of the Central Body for the Certificate of Good Behaviour (COVOG). You may contact them by mail, e-mail or phone:

COVOG

PO Box 16115

2500 BC The Hague

Telephone: 070 ?370 7234

E-mail: frontdesk.dbz@minjus.nl

Internet: www.justitie.nl

For general information and brochures, please contact the information line of the joint ministries:

Postbus 51 info line

Telephone: 0800 ?8051 (free of charge)

Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9 am ?9 pm

E-mail: vragen@postbus51.nl

Internet : www.postbus51.nl

You may also contact :

Ministry of Justice

Information Department

Internal and External Communications Department

PO Box 20301

2500 EH The Hague

Telephone: 070 ?370 6850