Owe $65 to NVC

Earlier someone said I may have to fly back to China for the I-130 interview but couldn't I just wait for the I-130 interview instead of taking the k3 interview?

Sure can. The question is how long before you want her to come?

If the K-3/P-3 went back to GZ in December, you can reasonably expect an interview sometime in May. She can leave the same day she gets the visa.

If you wait for the I-130 to make it's way through NVC, you're looking at a couple months here (at least), a month in customs delay and another four to six months or so for the interview.

Of course, all of this assumes no hangups along the way with either the K-3 or I-130.

.....And keep this in mind; the time between P3 from NVC to interview date for IV can well be a year!

I'm not definite on this but I'm not being unrealistic either............

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is: I did E-mail Guangzhou and they stopped the K3 at my request. Jiejun is Eligible for an interview now according to DOS under the CR1. Just hope Sept 23 starts the Interview wait time since the P3 was done then at the NVC level. Last letter I received from them said Case is complete but nointerview has been scheduled yet. Alsoi be advised there will be a $335.00 IV fee that comes along after you pay the $65.00 Affidavit of Support fee= AOS . Do not get the Adjustment of Status= AOS confused with other AOS.

Geez I wish I had an interview date so my timeline for the CR1 was complete and it could help with these decisions. I am 6 months into the CR1 process.. not quite 1 year into the Whole Process. January 31 will be one year from the I-130 NOA1. Febuary 16, will be 1 year from the I-129F NOA 1. From what I can see the Majority of the Interviews happen within 11-14 months of the Start of the whole thing unless no unseen circumstance happens.

If they won't process the I-130 unless you pay the 65 dollars then you must pay it.  You cannot adjust status on the K-3 without the I-130 being approved.  It is the basis of the petition.

Carl, the I-130 has been approved. The letter for the Afidavit of support fee is from the NVC, and you have a year to do something with it, go back to Guangzhou for an interview or use it for AOS stateside.

So...if I pay the $65 that means I'll have to fly back to China because most likely my k3 interview will be first.  

I wish I could exchange my k3 interview with my I-130's interview.  Or...get the process for the I-130 started but do the interview here in the US.

Your I-130 has been approved By USCIS and is now at NVC waiting to do what ever you want with it. Go back to Guangzhou for an Interveiw or use the Approved I-130 for Adjustment of status here in the states

Guest blsqueaky
Earlier someone said I may have to fly back to China for the I-130 interview but couldn't I just wait for the I-130 interview instead of taking the k3 interview?

Hello Dave, it was me that said that I was flying back for the interview. My case right now is different from many. Ling is here already on her K-3, but then when the CR-1 all of a sudden started to get around, then we decided to go ahead an proceed with that. Ling lives in GZ, and we were already planning another trip over to see the family, so it for us it was just simple. The fees are about the same, and I found out when I got my I-485 package, I would have to deal again with Nebraska, then on to Ohio, so I must took the easy way out.

Dave, you just have to do what you feel is right. I know that there are others that live on the east coast and just continue with the I-130, becuase they deal with Vermont.

Hope that this helps some

Address Change For Certain Immigration Filings Beginning December 1, 2004

"The Chicago Lockbox"

The above is from the USCIS homepage. Beginning 12/01/2004 residents in certain states will file the I-485, I-765, I-131 to the Chicago, IL address, (Phase I).

Beginning April 1st, 2005, other states not listed in phase I will begin sending forms to Chicago, (Phase II).

It's all here

The end result is either a conditional permanent resident card good for two years, or a permanent resident card (without conditions) good for 10 years. The two year card is issued if the marriage is less than two years old at the time adjustment is granted - if over two years, the ten year card is issued.

I hope that's right, Don. 10 years would be cool!

We have been married over two years now and still waiting for the AOS interview.

According to CIS processing dates, we are not very far off!, maybe 2 months.

That be true, Ty. Two years at the time adjustment is granted (not interview) = 10 year card.

Back to the CR-1. If the interview results in a CR visa because the applicant has been married less than two full years at the time it is issued does not necessarily mean that a conditional green card will be issued on entry. If you get a CR-1 and have a month until your two year anniversary, wait to enter the US until the marriage is at least two years and one day old. That will get a ten year card rather than a two year that will need to have the conditions removed down the road.

I called the CIS helpline this morning to check the status of my wife's case. The operator put me in touch with an immigration officer. I asked this officer about receiving the 10- year card. The officer said unless something comes up during the AOS interview. we being married fo over two years, my wife will get the 10- year card.

Our reciept date is 12-17-03. The current CIS processing date for our ASC is 11-25-03.

We're getting closer!