Money ain't all that?

Saw this AP story and thought that it was an interesting glimpse into American culture. The wife of the guy who won the USD $113,000,000 lottery jackpot says she wishes her husband never won the money! I've heard from my sweetie that other women in China sometimes feel the same way when their husbands suddenly fall into large sums of money ... they (the husbands) suddenly turn into different people and do things that the wives really don't like. I told her she doesn't have to worry about such a thing with me :D Anyway, here's the story ...

Lottery Winner's Wife Regrets Ticket

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - The wife of the lottery winner who took home the richest undivided jackpot in U.S. history says she regrets his purchase of the $314.9 million ticket that has thrust her family into the public spotlight.

"I wish all of this never would have happened," Jewel Whittaker told The Charleston Gazette for Tuesday's editions. "I wish I would have torn the ticket up."

Since winning the lottery two years ago, her husband, Jack Whittaker, has been arrested twice for drunken driving and has been ordered into rehab. He pleaded no contest Monday to a misdemeanor assault charge for attacking a bar manager, and is accused in two lawsuits of making trouble at a nightclub and a racetrack.

There have been several thefts involving Whittaker's vehicle, his office and his house in Scott Depot. One of the thefts occurred at his home in September on the same day an 18-year-old friend of Whittaker's granddaughter was found dead there. The death remains under investigation.

Last week Whittaker, 57, reported his granddaughter missing. Putnam County sheriff's Sgt. Lisa Arthur said the granddaughter is not considered a kidnapping victim.

Whittaker took his winnings in a lump sum of $113 million after taxes. He has donated more than $20 million to charity, said his lawyer, Norm Daniels.

Believe it or not this is the mild version of the story. This guy is quite a character and always seems to be getting himself into trouble. His troubles apparently didn't start when he got the money. The money just accelerated his path to self destruction. He was actually a millionaire before he won the lottery. If I am not mistaken he owned several construction companies. I don't think money necessarily changes you. I think it makes it easier to express who you truly are inside, good or bad.

http://search.foxnews.com/_1_PD3TN80PFYFFE...um=&fastSearch= :( :lol: