Tackling I-134

I must be especially dense! I am probably making heavy weather of this! But question #8 #9 #10 (I-134) have me confused.

8. That the following persons are dependent upon me for support: Name of Person Wholly Dependent Partially Dependent Age Relationship to Me.

DO THEY MEAN MY WIFE AND STEPDAUGHTER? SEEMS REDUNDANT. Or do they mean other people not on the Affidavit?

9. That I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state "None.''

I ASSUME - NONE.

10. That I have submitted visa petition(s) to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none.

Name Relationship Date Submitted

DO THEY MEAN MY WIFE AND STEPDAUGHTER? SEEMS REDUNDANT

11. I assume I write, " As a husband and stepfather I will support my family forever."

RUP

#8- list any dependants you may have that you would list on your tax returns, or any children you may have child support obligations for.

#9- unless you have submitted such affidavits before, the correct response would be "None"

#10- list your wife.

#11- This question about #11 has come up before. The previous versions of the I -134 were worded a little different on #11 but basically the same question. I had left it blank on mine. It mainly refers to and used for student or employment visas but some K-visa petitioners have literally answered it. It's your choice.

The I-134 is not as binding as the I-864, in fact, it is not even required for K-3 applicants however it is suggested that the K-3 applicant have one at the interview. It is at the VO's discretion to ask for it or not and the IV unit in GZ seems to ask for them quite regularly.

Here's what I put:

#8) XXXXXX, JUXIN / Partially Dependent / 24 / Fiancee

#9) NONE

#10) XXXXXX, JUXIN / Fiancee / 10-SEP-03

#11) I filled out the 10/12/00 version of the I-134, and the question read "Complete this block only if the person named in item 3 will be in the United States temporarily". So I didn't check either box, and I then typed: <PERSON NAMED IN THE ITEM 3 WILL BE IN THE UNITED STATES PERMANENTLY >. Question #11 in the newer version of the I-134 is worded differently, so I can't say for sure but I think your answer is a good one.