could this be possible?

I recently called immgration to ask a question about my case ( just paperwork questions). i had got the reciept notice in the mail oct.27 for my I-130 I had called with a question reguarding me sending in the form for the k-3 and the lady i spoke to told me that i should not bother sending in the form for the k-3 because the california service center was now processing I-130 form from sept.02 2004 she told me that sending in the

129-f now would not be nessesary because I should be getting a notice from them in about 30 days from the time i talked to her 12-01-04 telling me if my I-130 had been approved or not.

the reason for my call to them was that on my receipt notice it said towards the bottom of the notice that they now procossing the 1-130 forms. i told this to the guy that has been helping he belongs to a none profit orginazition that specializes in this field! he told me not to pay any attention to that just go ahead and send in the I-129F that it would be a much faster process. so now after calling immigration and talking to them I'am totaly confused on what to do!

should i wait for the I-130 like the immigration officer had told me or listen to the guy that is already helping me out? PLEASE HELP ME!

Looking at benfanfan's timeline I would have to say yes, the I-130 is faster then the K-3, at least in their case and at least for now. It doesn't make sense because the purpose of the K-3 was to get families together quicker while waiting the slow immigrant visa process.

As far as the CIS operater that you talked to and the non profit organization, they are both right, in a sense. The question is what do you want to do and which way do you want to go? Do you just want to carry thru with the immigration process only or do you want to file the I-129F for the K-3 visa in hopes of getting your loved one here quicker?

I have to lean more to the non profit oranization point of view and say YES, file the I-129F and persue the reason why the K-3 was created for in the first place.

Calif. may be processing close to currently received I-130's but that is just the first step to a rather long visa process.

When I called about my I-130 to the help center, I to inquired about an I-129f, she said that since the I-130 was approved, they would not even process the I-129f. I would be wasting my money to send it in. I believe them, because I figure that the government would not balk at the chance to collect more money for its coffers. They gave me the number of the state department office that handles visas. As of now they don't have a record of recievieng the visa, but they said it takes up to 90 days to get to a visa request. So I have to wait till Jan, 22 to call them and badger them about the visa, but I also check the automated service daily to check if they have recieved it.

Carl