Simple K1 interview question

Hi 'yuanfen42',

I am not sure I understand your question: What does "ur MM" mean? Is this a typo mistake? Sorry I don't understand. If you are applying for a K1 visa, then it means you are only engaged, not married. So if you are not married, then I don't think bringing a wedding ring would show any value. Maybe I don't understand your question correctly? What is 'ur' and 'MM'?

Does anyone have ur MM to bring the wedding ring

to the interview in addition to the engagement ring?

I am not sure what a MM is. However, let me take a stab at this!

My darling and I have decided that purchasing wedding rings in china is a smart idea as they are far less expensive for the same quality rings than on can obtain here. Is this what you are talking about???

Do people think that this will be helpful or even matter at all?

MM stands for girlfriend. ur MM = 'your girlfriend'

The ring subject has been tossed around here before. I think it is more of a personal thing. If you have an engagement ring then wear it. If not, then don't worry about it at the interview.

My wife went to the interview without an engagement ring or a wedding band just for the mere fact that she doesn't like to wear jewelry. I don't think it is an issue with the VO's but it wouldn't hurt any to wear your ring, especially if you like jewelry!

MM is wife or girlfriend.

Later, Michael Perez

What does it stand for?

MM stands for Mei Mei (young sister)

Oh!

BUT---what if your wife is a JieJie? Should one then refer to her as a JJ?

This is why I much prefer the one "SO" -- Significant Other.

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Later, Michael Perez

What does it stand for?

Well, now I am really confused. Why would one have their 'Mei Mei' (or young sister) bring wedding rings to an interview?

I guess I figured out that 'ur' is supposed to mean "u=you r=are", but that doesn't work in the context of the sentence because "you are" has a lot different meaning than "your" (possessive adjective).

Oh well. Sorry for my confusion. I hope yuanfen42 doesn't take any offense here. I certainly don't mean any. I just didn't understand the question. I suppose the gist of the question is whether there would be any advantage for the [fiancee] to bring wedding rings to the interview.

Answer: I suppose it might show more sincerity to the VO, especially if the wedding rings and engagement ring were obviously a matched set. Then again, it depends on the VO. It seems there is some indication that 90% of the decision has already been made prior to the interview.

Later, Michael Perez

What does it stand for?

Well, now I am really confused. Why would one have their 'Mei Mei' (or young sister) bring wedding rings to an interview?

I guess I figured out that 'ur' is supposed to mean "u=you r=are", but that doesn't work in the context of the sentence because "you are" has a lot different meaning than "your" (possessive adjective).

Oh well. Sorry for my confusion. I hope yuanfen42 doesn't take any offense here. I certainly don't mean any. I just didn't understand the question. I suppose the gist of the question is whether there would be any advantage for the [fiancee] to bring wedding rings to the interview.

Answer: I suppose it might show more sincerity to the VO, especially if the wedding rings and engagement ring were obviously a matched set. Then again, it depends on the VO. It seems there is some indication that 90% of the decision has already been made prior to the interview.

meimei can refer to young sister, or anyone who is younger and a close female, including cousins, very good friends, or fiancees or wives. However, again, I have the question of a jiejie. What if she is older? (Also, what if it is a male going in for the interview. This is again why I would prefer to use SO.)

I hope that this helps! Can anyone think of the reasons not to use JJ or DD or GG accordingly for the proper case??

When my fiancée (now my wife :rolleyes: ) went to her interview, I supplied her with a copy of the purchase receipt for the engagement ring.

She did not have the ring with her at the time. I felt the receipt was further proof of a real relationship.

So I don't think the actual possession of a ring is going to matter much. Proof that you bought it might.

I asked my husband if you could use JJ if your wife/girlfriend is older, he said he guesses you could but thought it sounded funny. Probably doesn't happen so often so they don't really have a convention for it. And he thinks it would be funny to use GG or DD for a husband/boyfriend. There is no logic to this system!

basically, MM is short form of 'Mei Mei'(younger sister); and GG is 'Ge Ge'(elder brother). people use 'MM'and 'GG' pretty often in 001 website, in that circumstance not really means younger sister or elder brother but particularly stands for short form of 'Qing(means love) Mei Mei/Ge Ge'='my loving/sweethearted girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband'. It's actually from one of the best world-famed chinese novels ''dream of the red chamber', a classical love story in which the heroine got a nickname called 'Lin Mei Mei'.

basically, MM is short form of "Mei Mei" (younger sister); and GG is "Ge Ge"(elder brother). people use "MM"and "GG" pretty often in 001 website, in that circumstance not really means younger sister or elder brother but particularly stands for short form of "Qing(means love) Mei Mei/Ge Ge" ="my loving/sweethearted girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband". It's actually from one of the best world-famed chinese novels called "dream of the red chamber", a love story in which the heroine got a nickname called "Lin Mei Mei".

Thank you 'yyn701'. That was a wonderful explanation. Thank you very much.

-jim and ning

basically, MM is short form of "Mei Mei" (younger sister); and GG is "Ge Ge"(elder brother). people use "MM"and "GG" pretty often in 001 website, in that circumstance not really means younger sister or elder brother but particularly stands for short form of "Qing(means love) Mei Mei/Ge Ge" ="my loving/sweethearted girlfriend/wife or boyfriend/husband". It's actually from one of the best world-famed chinese novels called "dream of the red chamber", a love story in which the heroine got a nickname called "Lin Mei Mei".

Thank you 'yyn701'. That was a wonderful explanation. Thank you very much.

-jim and ning

wolffjw, you are welcome.