AOS Experience

Well we went into our AOS interview today, I thought well prepared, I had 3 copies of everything from the AOS list here and on the USCIS website and I had it all in a nice clear envelope with each item paper clipped together. Well I go to the window and the women there takes opens it shuffles through a little bit of it hands it back to me with a "DORA" list and asks me to organize it in order with the list, Ok not a problem I can do that.

List:

I-485, Application to Adjust Status

I-485A, Supplement (if applicable)

Birth certificate of beneficiary + translation into English (if applicable)

G-325, Biographic Information, for beneficiary

Beneficiary proof of entry

I-864, Affidavit of Support

2003, 2002, 2001 income tax returns for petitioner + W2 statements, Current letter of employment for petitioner or 3 recent pay stubs

Medical envelope containing (I-693 and I-693A

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, or I-130 Approval Notice or Receipt

Marriage Certificate (if applicable)

Copy of Petitioner's Passport, Naturalization certificate,alien resident card and/or birth certificate

G-325,Biographic Information, for Petitioner

Evidence of commingling of assets of Petitioner and beneficiary (if appropriate). Such documents include birth certificates of children, lease agreements, proof of insurance, bank statements, and mortgage documents.

And??? Then what???  :ph34r:

Maybe it was the initial interview to turn in the paperwork. The real interview will come later.

Nope it was the real interview lasted about 30-40 minutes she should get her letter in the mail soon for her biometric appt, they said she should have her card by Feb if nothing goes wrong. :ph34r:

And??? Then what???  :ph34r:

There was no major snags we waited for 30 minutes (the man at the counter said 2-3 hour wait :ph34r: ) the woman that did the interview was very nice mostly only asked questions about the paper work a few casual questions looked at our wedding album. I guess the worry points were when they gave me the list it had things I had not planned for but luckily I went in with the original copies from my I-129 packet which contained the other documentation I needed the other snag was trying to prove I lived in Texas at my address, since I waited almost 2 years to change my drivers license I only had a temporary paper license with no picture but I did have a bank statement with both our names on the account we don't have anything else jointly, heck she has only been here 2.5 months. Only advice I can say is get commingled document it and bring all offical records for you and her, side note we had an original birth record from the P4 and they still asked for another proof of birth so I gave them the certified birth record for her from the hospital I used in the I-129 packet.

Redundancy Robert,  they have to remain consistant.

I can't believe that here when I am about ready to make the 485 papers all of a sudden here is another requirement that I had three years to take care of earlier but I never knew about it and I never worried about it or thought about it because there was no need for a birth certificate before when I made the papers for her visa. Now come to find out to file the 485 I need her birth certificate. We went to the records office at least three times. Good grief, what a hassle. Now we will have to ask Ping's cousin to go to the Notary Public office and pay to get this paper. No telling how long that will take to put this together. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! And I haven't even told Ping yet, heaven help me.

I don't have a birth certificate for my wife Ping, never needed one before, why would they want one for submission with AOS when they never asked for it before?

I Can't believe you were never asked for a Birth Certificate during your original application.

Neither the I-130 or the I-129 asks for a birth certificate for the K3.

I am a bit confused. Most of what you supplied sounds like what I sent in with the I-485.

The last part sounds like what you would need to provide to show a bona-fide relationship.

Are you saying that I need to show up with all the original paperwork for the I-485, as well as the additional proof?

I know Eric's link for filing the AOS. Are you referring to a link for additional proof at the interview? If so, where is it? I can't find anything.

I am a bit confused. Most of what you supplied sounds like what I sent in with the I-485.

The last part sounds like what you would need to provide to show a bona-fide relationship.

Are you saying that I need to show up with all the original paperwork for the I-485, as well as the additional proof?

I know Eric's link for filing the AOS. Are you referring to a link for additional proof at the interview? If so, where is it? I can't find anything.

I had it different then most, the Dallas office has a special program(DORA) where I file papers and get interview at same time, my woman will have her Cond GC by Feb where some of you guys have waited years we only have to wait a few months what they wanted was 2 official proofs of birth my evidence was pretty weak for proof of relationship all I showed was bank statement and wedding album.

DORA (Infopass)

Well this thread makes me glad I insisted Ying went and got a copy and a translation of her birth certificate. I did submit a copy of her birth certificate with the I-130, but I kept copies for my own records, so in case I need to submit them again, I have it.

Just goes to show that you need more than what is required, because as sure as God made little green apples, the government is sure to ask for a form or some documentation you don't have.

forwarned is forarmed

Carl

When Bing and I went for our AOS inteview I took copies of all our original petition as well as originals of our birth certificates and divorce decrees.  They never asked for them but I had them just in case.

Yeah, we are going to take everything but the kitchen sink with us when we go to Memphis next week. On second thought, maybe we ought to take the sink as well. They might ask for it. :( :( :(