Senators call today

Today I called to talk with the aid to senator John Edwards (presidential canadate)

I gave him the whole layout of how things are now being processed in DC.

I explained the black hole thing to him and let him know, at this point it is not a matter of security issue anymore, but a management or mismanagement issue now.

I explained it is just not a priority for the black hole bunch.

I also explained how others in this process for a visa is now waiting about 6 months from start to finish, but the black hole bunch has waited over 12 months and still just now getting some answers but still no visa.

I expressed my feeling of total unfairness and disappointment with the lack of consern for the black hole bunch.

He agreed this is not fair.

I told him the only fair thing to do at this time was to get the list of black holers and hand walk them through. And if one certain agancy is the hold up, then phone calls needed to be made to get them to finish these first.

No more unfairness is what I asked for, he agreed.

Im looking forward to see where this goes.

Good luck getting anyone from his office to actually help...It sems most every politician looks at anything to do with Immigration, as a red herring!!!

Something they want nothing to do with.  I hope this one is different..

I think the reason no one wanted to touch this is because of the security issue involed.

The policy change, new proceedure, computer imcompatability, different agencies not ready and the list goes on.

It is, in fact, a different tone now.

Fact: all systems should be in place to accually perform the function of a name check.

Fact: names are running through the name check system.

Fact: people waiting much less than 6 months, getting visa.

Fact: DOS & CA has somewhat admitted there is a black hole group.

Fact: Overtime has been mandated to fix the black hole problem.

Fact: we are still somewhat in the black hole,(maybe not for long)

Fact: within the next 2-4 weeks, we should see if there is a priority policy for the black hole bunch.

Fact: If we dont see a few hundred (black hole) visas issued within the next few weeks, we are still in the black hole.

Fact: I will not rest my cause untill the my fiancee is here.

hehehehe

Whole bunch of facts here.

Guest seafloor06

> Fact: people waiting much less than 6 months, getting visa

Is this happening now with Chinese immigrant visa applicants? Has it ever been less than a 6 month wait, start to finish, for Chinese immigrant visa applicants? Or are you referring to the name check process (which is certainly taking criminally long)?

>  Fact: people waiting much less than 6 months, getting visa

Is this happening now with Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Has it ever been less than a 6 month wait, start to finish, for Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Or are you referring to the name check process (which is certainly taking criminally long)?

P3 – 6/19/2002

P4 – never received

Interview 11/14/2002

Name check cleared – 1/6/2003

Close to 6 months on this one!

Maybe 6 1/2

>  Fact: people waiting much less than 6 months, getting visa

Is this happening now with Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Has it ever been less than a 6 month wait, start to finish, for Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Or are you referring to the name check process (which is certainly taking criminally long)?

P3 – 6/19/2002

P4 – never received

Interview 11/14/2002

Maybe 6 1/2

This is not from start to the end.

p3 is in the middle of process, which is the first packet that Guangzhou sent to the K visa applicant in China. If this is my case, my time line is:

1st NOA: 1/25/2002

2nd NOA: 3/25/2002

Packet 3: 6/19/2002

Interview: 11/14/2002

Cleared: 1/6/2003

Hope that will help.

Yes, before the 9/11 security processes, K1 process can be finished in 5 months. But haven't seen any one get it done in 6 months after the security processes kicked in.

Is this happening now with Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Has it ever been less than a 6 month wait, start to finish, for Chinese immigrant visa applicants?  Or are you referring to the name check process (which is certainly taking criminally long)?

P3 – 6/19/2002

P4 – never received

Interview 11/14/2002

Maybe 6 1/2

This is not from start to the end.

p3 is in the middle of process, which is the first packet that Guangzhou sent to the K visa applicant in China. If this is my case, my time line is:

1st NOA: 1/25/2002

2nd NOA: 3/25/2002

Packet 3: 6/19/2002

Interview: 11/14/2002

Cleared: 1/6/2003

Hope that will help.

Yes, before the 9/11 security processes, K1 process can be finished in 5 months. But haven't seen any one get it done in 6 months after the security processes kicked in.

We have a tracking post pinned just for the cleared name checks, could you post the info there?

Guest seafloor06

P3 – 6/19/2002

P4 – never received

Interview 11/14/2002

Maybe 6 1/2

Man

It's really sad to see your timelines. I feel for you guys. It's unjust. I hope resolution is on it's way soon. Good luck and God/Buddha bless you.

It's too early for me to know how long my wait will be.

P3 – 6/19/2002

P4 – never received

Interview 11/14/2002

Maybe 6 1/2

Man

It's really sad to see your timelines. I feel for you guys. It's unjust. I hope resolution is on it's way soon. Good luck and God/Buddha bless you.

It's too early for me to know how long my wait will be.

From what i have been told, the after Nov. 1 interviewees will have a normal waiting tome.

The question is, what is normal these days?