Jingwen was not K-3, so other K-3ers can probably give you better information. But, a CR1 (conditional resident) is the actual immigrant visa and is filed on an I-130 form. After the I-130 is filed, you can then file for a K-3 visa that will allow the foreign spouse to enter the US while the CR1 is being processed. Sometimes the I-130 will go faster than the K-3, sometime slower, but you have to file the I-130 before you can file for the K-3.

Take a look at http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm for some good information about the K-3 process and what you should do after moving to the US.

Hello: I filed my I-130 at the Vermont service center and I'm sure your husband filed his at the Texas Service center. Vermont was approving I-130's almost as fast as K1,s since your husband filed in Texas it takes longer for the I-130 to go thru the Texas Service center. My I-130 was approved about 2 months before the K3, but the K3 went to China a week before the I-130. Your K3 seems to be going well I would go that way since you are so close to the Interview. But thats my Opinion unless there is someone else who has had a different Experience. But Good Luck.