do i need Affidavit of Single Status?

Guest ht02135

Guest ht02135

currently i am doing k1. i have a question related to Affidavit of Single Status. do i need to have Affidavit of Single Status for my fiance's interview with VO?

any reply is appreciated <snip>

-----------------------------------------------------

Just use the email button at below to send emails.

-- Tony (moderator)

If you are the US petitioner, and you have never been married, a letter written by you like the one you submitted to the USCIS... stating you are eligable to be married, and plan to do so withing 90 days is sufficient. I do think having it notarized would be helpful though.

If you are divorced, then accompany that with a certified copy of your divorce decree. Not the "Department of vital statistics" copy, but the one signed by the judge that outlines the terms of divorce, is signed by the judge, etc. Those are usually kept in the courthouse of the same district/county/city where the divorce was done.

Hope this is some help. Welcome to CFL!! :lol:

If you are referring to your fiancee and she has never been married, I think a "singleness" certificate would be appropriate. Jingwen's notarial divorce document contained language to the effect that she had not registered a marriage since her divorce. I assume this was sufficient since she got her K-1 visa.

I did not provide her with any documentation for her interview related to my single status, but we did provide the "intent to marry" document.