My fiancee received p4 yesterday. We do have a few questions. Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

1. Her p4 doesn't include OF-171 which is listed in GZ K1FAQ, do

we need it?

2. The DS-156 has expiration date 08/31/2004,

The DS-156K has expiration date 05/31/2004 ...

basically most forms are expired. Is it all right?

3. What's DS-157 for?

Thanks much in advance,

Wade

1. Her p4 doesn't include OF-171 which is listed in GZ K1FAQ, do

we need it?

Which form is that? Doesn't sound familiar. Is that the med exam instructions? If so it's not important.

2. The DS-156 has expiration date 08/31/2004,

The DS-156K has expiration date 05/31/2004 ...

basically most forms are expired. Is it all right?

Yes

3. What's DS-157 for?

What's it for? Sheesh, you might ask what are half of these forms for? All I know is that we need to fill 'em out.

Oh! That is your ticket into the embassy. Are you sure she doesn't have it? Maybe it's just not labelled as "OF-171", but I think she must have it. You can download copies of all the p4 forms in the "links and resources" section of this site. I printed them all out, then went over them one by one with my fiancee to make sure she had everything.

I find the latest DS-156, DS-156k and DS157 on the net.

Shall we use the latest instead the ones sent by GZ?

It's the screwiest thing with the DS-156 forms ... there is a new version of DS-156 that expires in 2007. But! Which form does GZ still send out? The old version that expired on 8/31/04!

What's even more shameful is even the Department of State website (the motherload and original source of all "DS" forms) also has the old 8/31/04 version :D

If you want the most recent version of DS-156 (that exprires on 9/30/07), go here:

Most recent version of DS-156 Then it's over on the right.

But I would not recommend doing that! I recommend filling out whatever form(s) GZ sends you. And if they send you an old expired form, then fill it out and return it back to them. Makes a lot of sense, right? :D [/sarcasm] But unfortunately, I can honestly see a situation happening where the VO might say, "Sorry, we can't accept this form, it's too new." :D