GUZ number

Guest Penny

Once your case gets to the NVC after NOA2 you will be assigned a GUZ number. I recommend that you wait about 2 weeks after NOA-2 then call them at 603 334 0700. Give them the beneficiary's 13 digit service center number from NOA-1 and birthdate.

Carl,

Do you mean after you get the receipt of I-129f , you will get a GUZ? From your experience, GUZ number indication of your case processing time. Say, if your number has was GUZ 20030708xxxx means your I-129f has been approved on 2003-07-08 something?

Actually there is a way to find out dates and stuff from it but it hardly matters. What matters is that the case is progressing and is one step closer to being sent to GZ.

First step; file I-129 F (initial filing of papers once you decide you want to marrry

Second step; NOA-2 (I-129-F is approved)

Third step; case is sent to NVC where some security checks are made and GUZ number is issued.

Fourth step; Case is forwarded to GZ where it awaits customs clearance in DHL warehouse.

Fifth step; Case is picked up by GZ and entered into system. P-3 is sent to beneficiary.

sixth step. After beneficiary sends back P-3 an interview date is scheduled.

seventh step: interview and visa is issued.

Eight step. (lucky number huh?) Enter USA

Ok, for a few definitions.

NOA1 - this is the receipt you get from your "Service Center",

- Nebraska Service Center (Number begins with LIN for Lincoln)

- California Service Center (WAC)

- Vermont Service Center (EAC)

- Texas Service Center (SRC)

- Missouri Service Center (MSC)

NOA2 - This the letter after your application is accepted at the service center. It can be anywhere between 1 month (Vermont) and 6 months (other service centers).

After NOA2, your application is sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire (NVC). Your GUZ number is assigned there. It can take a few weeks to perhaps 2 months there. Sometimes longer if there are "issues" with the Name Check.

The application is then sent to GZ for processing.

Shortly after arriving in GZ, Packet 3 is sent out. That gives general instructions for preparing for the interview, as well as additional forms to fill out (DS-230 & OF-169)

After you return the DS-230 and the OF-169, the Packet 4 is sent out with the interview schedule.

------------

Ok, as far as numbers.

Receipt number:

LIN-yy-nnn-xxxxx

yy is the year (starting with the 4th quarter (october 1)

nnn is the number of WORK days since October 1 (except for MSC which I think it may be chronological days ???)

the rest is your sequential number for the day (I think).

GUZ number:

GUZ yyyy nnn xxx

yyyy is the 4 digit calendar year (starting Jan 1)

nnn .... if less than 500, then it was probably assigned in GZ, and signifies the number of calendar days since Jan 1 when it was assigned.

nnn .... if greater than 500, then it was probably assigned at the NVC. Subtract 500, then it is the number of calendar days since Jan 1 when it was assigned.

----- Clifford -----

(Sorry, someone said that I may have gotten California and Texas backwards... They are both humungous states in the South, easy to confuse. I've corrected it above).

Ok, for a few definitions.

NOA1 - this is the receipt you get from your "Service Center",

- Nebraska Service Center  (Number begins with LIN for Lincoln)

- California Service Center (SRC)

- Vermont Service Center (EAC)

- Texas Service Center (WAC)

- Missouri Service Center (MSC)

NOA2  - This the letter after your application is accepted at the service center.  It can be anywhere between 1 month (Vermont) and 6 months (other service centers).

After NOA2, your application is sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire (NVC).  Your GUZ number is assigned there.  It can take a few weeks to perhaps 2 months there.  Sometimes longer if there are "issues" with the Name Check.

The application is then sent to GZ for processing.

Shortly after arriving in GZ, Packet 3 is sent out.  That gives general instructions for preparing for the interview, as well as additional forms to fill out (DS-230 & OF-169)

After you return the DS-230 and the OF-169, the Packet 4 is sent out with the interview schedule.

------------

Ok, as far as numbers.

Receipt number:

LIN-yy-nnn-xxxxx

yy is the year (starting with the 4th quarter (october 1)

nnn is the number of WORK days since October 1 (except for MSC which I think it may be chronological days ???)

the rest is your sequential number for the day (I think).

GUZ number:

GUZ yyyy nnn xxx

yyyy is the 4 digit calendar year (starting Jan 1)

nnn ....  if less than 500, then it was probably assigned in GZ, and signifies the number of calendar days since Jan 1 when it was assigned.

nnn .... if greater than 500, then it was probably assigned at the NVC.  Subtract 500, then it is the number of calendar days since Jan 1 when it was assigned.

----- Clifford -----

Hello

Are you sure about SRC = California and WAC = Texas ??????

The other member wrote me that they are the other way around as

WAC = California and SRC = Texas

AGM