DS-156 form question

Dear CFL,

My fiancee received P4 which included DS-156. My question may have been discussed somewhere in CFL archive but I can't find it by search. I would appreciate someone can answer.

I have a question about how to answer item 26. It asks "how long do you intend to stay in the US?" Since she is comimg to US to marry me and stay here permanently, honest answer would be "permanently", but DS-156 is for a non-immigrant visa, so should she answer "90 days" or the honest answer "permanently"?

calaf&turandot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redgreen

Hello there,

My fiancee has just receive the first forms after nvc has sent my forms to Guangzhou. The only forms she has is the DS230 and OF169 to return. When does the DS156 and DS156K have to be filled out and returned?

THanks for your help all and calaf&turandot,

Red Green

^ My vote for the the longest signature in CFL history  :)

If you are really married, you can not apply for a K1! You will need to either apply directly as a CR1 or via a K3.

Good luck!

Just maybe I got married after she arrived on a K1?

Ya, think?

Take a look at my member #. I think I just might know what I am doing. :(

Take a look at my member #. I think I just might know what I am doing. :)

I see that you did get your timeline to work out! That is wonderful news!!!

However, given how non-linear it seems that the time for the process takes, I guess that just because you have a very low member number would not guarantee that your process is finished.

But, the main thing to focus on is that you are done, with this first part of the process, and that you can now be together. That is wonderful news.

Dos said the K3 is Null and Void now. I-130 is the petition they'll use. So don't know what papers are involved with that yet.

Sounds like your approved I-130 made it to GZ. That's very good news for you since your wife will get a CR-1 visa and a green card in the mail a few weeks after she arrives. I know of a few cases where someone went to interview for their K-3 and ended up getting a CR-1. It's just a matter of timing. Carefully follow whatever instruction your wife gets from GZ and all will be well.

Yes but she has what she thinks is the P3 package with the Of-169 and the Ds-230 part 1 and a Ds-156 Ds-157 and a DS-2053 or 35 and a GIV-24 and medical papers all in the same package. It says to send back the Ds-230 and the OF-169. We did the D.-230 for the NVC.

Yesterday (Tuesday, Nov, 16) I called the National Service Center. I asked about filing a I-129f so my wife might get a K-3 visa so she could come in over early and then wait for her CR-1. The person told me that I would be wasting my money. Because her I-130 has been approved, they would not even process the I-129f. I appreciated her honesty, especially when it was an opportunity for the government to garner a few more dollars into the treasury, so I am waiting for the NOA-2 to arrive and start the next step.

Carl

DS156, 157 come with P4.

Hmmmmm my wife said she got her K3 package today but it has DS-2053 Medical instructions, DS-156 DS 157 Giv 24 and DS-230 Part I

Wayne, I think those are the forms she will need for the interveiw. K-1's don't get those until there P-4 is sent. K-3's get them with P-3, so the P-4 is only a letter with the interview date. She did not get the DS-230 because you have already done that with your I-130 stuff and the NVC.