Interview at 8:00 a.m.

i'm just curious about how things work at the gz consulate, i mean about the day of your appointment. lots of things to be curious about!

so anyway, if they say it's an 8:00 a.m. appointment, does that mean you arrive at 8 and they're waiting for you? or is it a queue situation with lots of others waiting?

steve

We arrived shortly after 7:00. My fiancee was one of the first 5 people in line, and was one of the last people to be interviewed. So, your spot in line has nothing to do with when you are interviewed. It's random as to what line you get put into once you get into the embassy. I think 7:30 would seem like the best time to show up.

...and, as I remember, don't bring any tote bags, briefcases, etc. Hand carry all of your pictures, letters, etc. Security is a big deal.

Well, this really depends. We purposely didn't bring any bags, following the advice of some people who had been told to get rid of them. But on our day, my fiancee was about the only person there without a bag, and had to lug all our evidence around by hand. I saw people going in with all kinds of bags. So maybe bring a bag just to see if you can take it in, but be ready in case they make you get rid of it.

Ditto everything Turtle said (Turtle, great to hear your good news!!!!).

Getting there sometime between 7:00 to 7:30 am is fine. Once inside, the interviewee is called at random, so it makes no difference where in the line you stand in (three are three lines to stand in before getting into the consulate).

And I also saw lots of other people with bags. Even fairly big bags. They weren't clear, they were leather, nylon, cotton, whatever. The girl in front of Juxin had a big huge fake adidas handbag filled with junk and she got her visa 1/2 hour before my sweetie did.