what's name check for?

To me, this whole name check business sounds like a dying patient still taking pills to reasure himself...though he himself deep down knows the pills won't cure him.

Maybe the GAO (General Accounting Office) at DC should do a cost-effective analysis on the way the state dept has been conducting its business so far...

In history, did namecheck ever found out anything, I mean from China? If I were a spy, I would have used a business visa purpose instead of immigrating, something like hit and run...

:)

To me, this whole name check business sounds like a dying patient still taking pills to reasure himself...though he himself deep down knows the pills won't cure him.

Maybe the GAO (General Accounting Office) at DC should do a cost-effective analysis on the way the state dept has been conducting its business so far...

In history, did namecheck ever found out anything, I mean from China?  If I were a spy, I would have used a business visa purpose instead of immigrating, something like hit and run...

:)

We could try the GAO, and in the GAO report, it indicates the DOJ also had a hand in all the new policies.

Guest Silverion

There were committees analyzing work of DOS, DOJ, etc. GAO report was published, resolution was that the current system is inadequate. There also was another report mentioned at the end of December but all that was said - "DOS, FBI and other agencies systems are unable to provide necessary security" ( I guess report itself was classified). So all the time we've been waiting has been in vain anyway cause ther were no perceivable improvements even with additional procedures and "namechecks".

There were committees analyzing work of DOS, DOJ, etc. GAO report was published, resolution was that the current system is inadequate. There also was another report mentioned at the end of December  but all that was said - "DOS, FBI and other agencies systems are unable to provide necessary security" ( I guess report itself was classified). So all the time we've been waiting has been in vain anyway cause ther were no perceivable improvements even with additional procedures and "namechecks".

Yes, hence, the name check is still inadequate.

The whole process and mind set is terribly flauded.

The government has the best security assurance in the world for my fiancee, ME!

What our goverment is saying when they want a name check for our wives and fiancee's is basic, they dont trust us, although they know everything about us, if not , they could.

But yet, to this day, a business, tourist or education visa is allowed much quicker and eisier.

Some one needs a calculator to do the math on this one?