PJ's AOS Questions

Question #2: On the I-864, it asks for household size. I'm kinda living with my folks and kid sister right now (being ethnically Chinese this is quite normal, even though it seems strange by US standards since I make a perfectly good living as an engineer).

Am I supposed to include them in calculating household size?

P.J.

Question #3:

From Eric's list,

A2/ CHECK #xxxx FOR $ 255 I-485 FEE

A3/ CHECK #xxxx FOR $ 50 FINGERPRINTING FEE

When I went to the USCIS site, I didn't see any info about a fingerprinting fee. I just saw a $315 fee for the I-485. Did they just combine them and increase the cost by $10, or am I missing something?

Question #4: on the G-325A, the question "This form is submitted in connection with application for ..." Which one do we select when doing the AOS?

P.J.

Hi All,

Well, we're going to go do the justice of the peace thing next week. 

Question #1: Does she need to get an SSN before we file the AOS?  If so how long does it take to get an SSN?

P.J.

we went to the SSN office shortly before we married and she had her number in about 2 weeks I would say get SSN as soon as you can the name change after marriage is easy.

Question #2: On the I-864, it asks for household size.  I'm kinda living with my folks and kid sister right now (being ethnically Chinese this is quite normal, even though it seems strange by US standards since I make a perfectly good living as an engineer).

Am I supposed to include them in calculating household size?

P.J.

For a household of 5 you only need $27,537, this is a tight question I would guess they mean anyone you are responsible to provide support for.