The games they play

Guest james&baolan

Guest james&baolan

I'm making a new topic here concerning a previous thread I wrote ("Need help quick - wife denied K3 visa today!) because I think it informative for future attendees to know what they may be in for. The cold hard fact is that once a red flag situation pops into a VO's head, he will "look" for any excuse to issue a blue slip, even though the reasoning may be out there in left field somewhere. Consider this:

My wife, who speaks little english, was issued a blue slip yesterday, with the reason given for there being insufficient proof of a bona fide relationship. Would you consider any and all of the following as supporting evidence of a "bona fide relationship"?

1) Love letters and cards mailed to each other.

2) Receipts for gifts sent to each other

3) Western Union receipts verifying all monies sent.

4) Phone bill receipts

5) Receipt from China showing enrollment and successful completion of an English course in her home town.

6) Welcoming letter from an ESL school in America.

I think anyone would agree that these are all supporting evidences of a developing relationship. But the reality in this case is that the VO did not look at ANY of these documents my wife brought to the interview. NONE OF THEM. And then she was told there was insufficient proof of a bona fide relationship. It's like saying, "Here is the evidence you're looking for", and them saying, "We're not going to look at it, but unless we see it, she does not get the visa." This is the way it REALLY CAME DOWN. The evidence listed above was all there in abundant amounts, but even at my wife's encouraging, the VO absolutely refused to look at it.

Tomorrow I'll be going to the consulate myself to make my case. From what I understand, they HAVE to look at it this time.

Here's answers to some of the questions pretaining to the previous thread:

1) My wife took my passport into the room and showed to the VO - no help.

2) I have been to China twice before, first time to meet Baolan, second time to marry her. Then it was "wait until the 6 months as advertised K3 Visa to process". (It took one and a half years for her to get the interview).

3) "Oregonknl" asked if my mother is a daughter of General Claire Lee Chennault (commander of Flying Tigers in World War II) - yes, he was my grandfather.

4) When my mother and sister flew to China, I was at that time 7 months into emailing with my future wife - I hadn't even met her yet (and the VO wanted to know why on my family's visit to China they didn't visit Baolan.) It was 5 months after the first visit that we married.

5) At the interview, my wife bought out the western union receipts of all and many monies I had wired to her, almost pushing them at the VO. He absolutely refused to look at them!!!

So future attendees at the Guangzhou Consulate, be prepared to have anything thrown at you if the VO gets a "red flag" feeling. Unfortunately, it bogs you down in Guangzhou until it can be resolved.

I don' t know much details about your case and relationship, but from an outsider's view (remember the VO is an outsider), I will have doubt on these issues:

1. You decided to marry your wife after only one visit. (Was it too hasty?)

2. Your wife can speak little English (How you guys communicate with each other? Can you speak Chinese?)

I'm not speaking for the VO, but I figure they had already reviewed the case based on the previous packs, and they had looked into your case before your wife was informed to the counter.

I will give a brief analysis to the doc you provided as evidence.

1) Love letters and cards mailed to each other.

2) Receipts for gifts sent to each other

3) Western Union receipts verifying all monies sent.

4) Phone bill receipts

I believe most applicants can provide the above doc. But the VO wants evidence on your actual "encounter" in person prior to the visa journey started day. Visa to China is evidence, I believe you have it. What about pictures? Did your wife bring pix of you 2 to the interview?

5) Receipt from China showing enrollment and successful completion of an English course in her home town.

Well, sadly to say forged certificates can be obtained everywhere in China. Maybe your wife still could not express herself well enough to convince the VO that she had taken the course.

6) Welcoming letter from an ESL school in America.

As far as I know, it's very easy to get the offer letters from language schools. They do not have many entry requirements.

According to my understanding, VO usually refuses an applicant for these 2 major reasons:

Language problem

Financial problem

BTW, does your wife have a job? If yes, maybe her employment letter may help.

At the present stage, you'd better go to the consulate and get more details. At the same time collect more evidence, such as pix taken together and with families, friends, etc. Letters from your friends, family that prove your relationship.

Suggestions again:

1) Your mother's letter to Consulate, which we have told you on yesterday's post; First to email and Fax to them than fedex your mother's handwriting letter to them.

2) Make a video about 5 minutes both you and your wife to comunicate in English, together with body language and translation machine and so on. I remember there was a member here who paid 500 yuan to have one video with his fiance in the shop just near the Consulate Office and it worked!

There is a lady who got the visa few months ago. Whoes husband married her at the first time when he was in China!

Good luck.

2) I have been to China twice before, first time to meet Baolan, second time to marry her. Then it was "wait until the 6 months as advertised K3 Visa to process". (It took one and a half years for her to get the interview).

If you have not met each other again after you married(1.5 years ago), the VO might see a red flag.

I think your case will be okay, just make a video tape and show up to have talk with them.

It seems they are especially hard on couples where the couples have gotten married on the man's first visit to China to see the girl. I personally know of an American guy who had been going around trying to solicit marriage and immigration to the US for pay from Chinese girls in China. This moron somehow became involved with my fiancee's friend. He bragged to her that he had been coming to China to look for girls who would pay him to marry them and bring them to the US. He was Chinese-American who's parents had immigrated to the US from HK. There was some indication he might have somehow been involved with some type of Chinese criminal gang from around SF. What blew my mind was this guy's fee for this service was US $50,000. How many people in China have that kind of money anyway? Needless to say my fiancee's friend got as far away from this guy as possible and has not heard from him for many months now. My guess is that marriage on the first visit sends up alarm signals to the Consulate because of scams like this that no doubt are well known to them. I think if you go to the Consulate with your evidence and actually get someone to see it, then that will clear up any "gut feeling" a VO might have had.