Physical for AOS

CIS told us to bring the I-693 at time of AOS interview so we still have alot of time before getting that done. CIS website has a list of eligible physicians in your area.

I'm not sure what is all involved with the exam or what vaccinations will or will not be needed. I'll just let the doctor sort that one out.

The USCIS National Help Center said I need tovisit a civil surgeon and get a supplemental I-693.

Anyone have any thoughts/help/experiences about filing this?

Also, what vaccinations do they require?  Sarah had some done in GZ.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! :blink:

I was told the same thing. Ended up going to the civil surgeon who did a quickie physical and added a few vaccinations, completed the I-693 and put the results in a sealed envelope for me to include with my AOS package. Apparently, this practice differs from local office to local office. He also gave me a copy form my records.

There is a website (can't remember the link) that lists the required and recommended vaccinations, but they vary depending on age and health condition. I deferred to the civil surgeon on which ones were required. Like Sarah, Jingwen got some shots in Gunagzhou after the visa was granted.

She doesn't need an entire new physical since she had one before interview. If she had some vacinations done in GZ after interview she will have a little yellow book. Take it to a civil surgeon and have him fill out the I-693 supplimental. If she needs any additional shots or boosters she needs to get them at that time to recieve the form.

I called the National Service Center and they said Norfolk VA (my office) requires that we send the physical at the time that we file. I think I might call back and see if I get a different answer. I had a more complicated question so the phone guy bumped me up one level to someone a bit higher up. The answers seemed right, BUT a call-back cannot hurt.

THANKS GUYS!

On the USCIS website there is a reference to K-visas not needing another physical. I am at work right now so I don't have the link handy but it is in the section on how do I adjust status. Your wife will not need to take another physical. She must however have the vacination supplimental form which only a civil surgeon has. Shop around. Some of these guys will tell you they will only do the form if she has a whole new exam. The one we went to here in Portland filled out the form for us and didn't even charge us since Bing had all her shots in GZ. We gave them the yellow book and they signed off on it for us.

Ok this is cut and pasted directly from the USCIS website. Under I-693 it says very clearly.

"Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiancé visa)"

Application Procedures:

Becoming a Permanent Resident While in the United States

If you would like to become a lawful permanent resident in the United States, you must file the following items with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Please review Supplement A to Form I-485 to see if additional fee requirements apply to you.

Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheet (Between the ages of 14 and 79)

Form I-693 Medical Examination Sheet (not required if you are applying based on continuous residence since before 1972, or if you have had a medical exam based on a fiancé visa)

Two color photos taken within 30 days (Please see USCIS Form I-485 for more instructions on photos.)

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support (completed by the sponsor). (This requirement may not apply to you if you are adjusting to permanent resident status based on an employment petition.)

Form I-765 Authorization for Employment (if seeking employment while case is processed). For more information, see How Do I Get a Work Permit?

Evidence of inspection, admission or parole into the United States (Form I-94, Arrival Departure Record). See How Do I Get an Arrival-Departure Record? for more information.