Got the 2 year GC

Good news, one more item adding to our achievement list, the 2-year GC, with our new-born daughter on the top of the list.

We just received the letter from BCIS that my wife is granted the conditional GC. The effective date is not the interview date like others have said in the past. It is the date the letter was sent. It said that the conditonal GC will be mailed to us, and if needed, we can make an appointment with the local office to get the stamp on the passport. We will skip the trip, and wait for the GC. Hopefully, it doesn't take months too.

It is a relief that my wife's status in US is settled. It is a worry that my wife might travel too much. Just kidding dear.

It took us about 2 years from first applying K1 to just getting the conditonal GC. I won't complaint that. It felt like a very long time though because of all the waiting.

To be continued ...

Yes, next stop is I-751. The approval letter also has a reminder to do so within a specified 3 months, which is 90 days before the 2 year anniversary of the approval date, and specifies the bad consequences if not doing so. It is very nice that someone hand-wrote the exact dates on the letter to rule out any guessing.

Good luck to all.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally the 2 year green card is in our hands. Actually, it will just be stored away despite that INS recommends to carry it all times. The back has some kind of film type plastic. The funny thing is there are 3 official welcome notices in 3 separate envelopes arrived at the same time. Maybe they will send us 2 more GC later...hopefully not.