AOS Interview

Bing and I just returned from Idaho on what started out to be vacation and ended up burying my father. I'll wiite more about that later in the culture and language section. I went to the mail box and started going through the mail and there it was. Our appointment letter for our AOS interview. I was surprised to see it so soon. I had heard rumors about a new system where it goes to Missourri and takes longer now. Must not be true, at least not in Portland since we just filed the end of July. Our interview is Oct. 19th. One more hurdle and this long drawn out process will finally be over.

Carl, that is absolutely incredible to me that you have got action on your AOS application so quickly, that is only six weeks! while at the same time the Atlanta office is four years behind!!!! You and Bing are so lucky that you live over there. Now she can have her green card and will never need to worry about immigration difficulties again. My Ping has ranted and raged at me because she does not have her green card and everything she hears from the great worldwide China lady network tells her that every single other husband in America has done a better job on the green card paperwork than I have. Thankfully I lucked into finding the processing times for the district offices, which had been there all along, duh, and proved to her that not only is Atlanta far behind but New York is also, and all the ones in the South are behind. I'll be looking forward to your further posts.

Carl, that is absolutely incredible to me that you have got action on your AOS application so quickly, that is only six weeks! while at the same time the Atlanta office is four years behind!!!!  You and Bing are so lucky that you live over there.  Now she can have her green card and will never need to worry about immigration difficulties again.  My Ping has ranted and raged at me because she does not have her green card and everything she hears from the great worldwide China lady network tells her that every single other husband in America has done a better job on the green card paperwork than I have.  Thankfully I lucked into finding the processing times for the district offices, which had been there all along, duh, and proved to her that not only is Atlanta far behind but New York is also, and all the ones in the South are behind.  I'll be looking forward to your further posts.

Actually it is 10 weeks but who's complaining? Yes the Portland office is very fast. The way it should be for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...
In the receipt letter for filing AOS it said it is taking 9 months to process and not to bother them before then.  2 weeks later our appointment letter showed up.

Your lucky Carl. Ours said it would take a minimum of 36 months. It has already been seventeen, one month shy of how long it took us to get the visa back in the Black Hole days.

Atlanta is just beyond me. Unbelievable. Because we live in a border town, the Alabama-Tennessee border runs right through the middle of the place, and because we live about a half-mile into Tennessee, we have the option to transfer our case to Memphis.

We recently filed formal change of address to our Tennessee residence and the case is now in Memphis. Unfortunately, they are only a few months ahead of Atlanta. Now in to 2002 though.

Is this a southern thing? :lol: :lol: :P

I am not sure how this showed up twice. :unsure:  :blink:

I guess I post so little these days I am rusty. Not that I would double post trying to catch Don. Far be it from me. :D

Seriously, it was a mistake..... :)

Trying to rack up the count, Mick? :lol: Don't worry, I'll go back and delete the dup.

Try showing up more often, will ya? I miss seeing your words of wisdom and Poe ramblings. Hope all is well with you and the family.

BTW - where are my pecans?

I promise I will do my best this year on the pecans Don, but there is one slight hitch. The remnants of various hurricanes, most notably Ivan, swept through this area dumping copious amounts of rain along with heavy winds. Many of the nearly ripe pecans were blown off the trees and literally scattered to the winds.

I'll see what I can find.

Thanks for deleting the duplicate.... <_<