Riding Out the Storm in Alabama

We just had the visit of tropical storm Jeannie to Puerto Rico, winds reaching 60-70MPH, no electricity for 3 days now, but thanks God no major disasters, makes me realize that I should be better prepared the next time it happens, and that one of the best decisions I've ever made was to buy that old gas bar-b-cue.

Hey Mari!

Isn't it the pits to lose the electricity for days? Jennie is now a hurricane and getting ready to deliver a right cross to Florida. That makes three in the past month.

You should get a generator. It will go very nicely with the gas grill, and all the neighbors will be jealous. :D

Yes Marty, it's been hell for the past few days, but finally today we got the lights on again. The generator is part of my plans for the near future, I think I"ll have to share some power with my neighbors when the time comes, as I live in an apartment complex and will become an unpopular neighbor if I keep it all for myself (he,he) Hope Jennie don't reach Florida, you guys need a break for the rest of the season. :D

Yes Marty, it's been hell for the past few days, but finally today we got the lights on again.  The generator is part of my plans for the near future, I think I"ll have to share some power with my neighbors when the time comes, as I live in an apartment complex and will become an unpopular neighbor if I keep it all for myself (he,he)  Hope Jennie don't reach Florida, you guys need a break for the rest of the season. ;)

You might want to get the other tenants to contribute and convince the Landlord to install a backup generator for the building. Then when new tenants move in he can ask a higher rent to recoup his investment and maintain the equipment.

Robert, glad you hear you are ok. My wife Suhan and I were on our honeymoon on Orange Beach when we were told we had to evacuate; I hear that part of Gulf Shores was devestated but the Gov has promised it will all be rebuilt in 6 months; I hope he is right so we can continue our honeymoon. It was the first time for Suhan to see the ocean and she really loved it and wants to return. Good luck.

Robert, glad you hear you are ok. My wife Suhan and I were on our honeymoon on Orange Beach when we were told we had to evacuate; I hear that part of Gulf Shores was devestated but the Gov has promised it will all be rebuilt in 6 months; I hope he is right so we can continue our honeymoon. It was the first time for Suhan to see the ocean and she really loved it and wants to return. Good luck.

Wow, it is a good thing you got out of there because that place was hit really hard. Sorry it messed up your honeymoon but with a beautiful Chinese lady as your new bride may your happiness will anyway continue uninterrupted.