dinner last night

Excellent subject!

Being a drinker and smoker has not made our relationship "spat" free. My wife has never smoked or used alcohol. I am constantly being scolded.

I have told her I will not smoke in front of her, but my two glasses of wine a night are still being debated. Ya just gotta love a lady who cares. What a refreshing change.

Beer in moderation could be good for you

September 15, 2004

TORONTO --Beer, a health food? That's what some Canadian researchers report.

A study from the University of Western Ontario finds a brew could be good for you. The researchers say beer has antioxidant boosters that could help fight cancer, heart disease and diabetes.

But the key is moderation. The researchers found three beers would have the opposite effect.

The study was funded by beermakers Guinness and Labatt. But the university says the financial support had no influence on the outcome.

Excellent subject!

Being a drinker and smoker has not made our relationship "spat" free. My wife has never smoked or used alcohol. I am constantly being scolded.

I have told her I will not smoke in front of her, but my two glasses of wine a night are still being debated. Ya just gotta love a lady who cares. What a refreshing change.

Like your wife, Jingwen does not drink or smoke, and like you, I do. But, Jingwen read somewhere in a Chinese magazine that red wine is good for you. Since reading that article, she will drink a glass of wine with dinner usually with a cube of ice or a little cream soda to cut the taste. That's a good thing because I hate to drink alone. :rolleyes:

she will drink a glass of wine with dinner usually with a cube of ice or a little cream soda to cut the taste

Cream soda! Ouch! I guess on the bright side you can shop in the "3 for $10" section at the wine shop...

I brought a bottle of Syrah to China on one of my visits and Quan enjoyed it. I also brought a couple bottles of one of my fav beers (Magic Hat - Blind Faith) and that also got good reviews. I don't like to drink alone also! :D