Boatloads of 130's being approved

My 130 was just approved at CSC. I checked on another forum and folks are reporting getting approvals for I130 at CSC at least as fast as VSC, if not faster.

I hope this isn't going to slow down Guangzhou tooooo much.

Also, I just returned from China yesterday. Should have been back Sun. nite, but missed the flight from Guangzhou due to China Southern leaving Nanning too late. The time on my ticket from Nanning was 5:00pm. But when we called the China Southern Saturday, we were told 6:30pm. When we arrived at Nanning airport, we were told they didn't know when the plane would leave, it hadn't arrived in Nanning yet.

The plane finally showed up at 7:15. We were on the tarmac at 7:30 or so, when the engines shut down. We set on the tarmac until 8:15. The doors on the plane opened for 2 more people to climb on. Too late to catch the 9:00pm leaving Guangzhou for LA.

The last time I almost missed the flight. What are others doing? Is there a better choice then China Southern. I hear they are terrible at flying on time domestically in China.

PF

I've only flown China Southern a few times. I really did not like them at all. Nanning just does not offer many options for getting there. If you fly out of Shenzhen you can try Shenzhen Airlines to Nanning. I flew them one time only but my experience was far superior to that of China Southern. Hopefully one day more airlines will service Nanning but it doesn't look like anytime in the near future.

Been on China Southern several times in country and between GZ -- LA.

My view is they are a mid range airline --- I place NWA, American, Air China in the same catagory --- (but of course, I wasn't "stood up" like Perry... that would change my opinion too..). Was stood up by United big time in Bangkok in Feb. (simply canceled a full 747 flight) --- lost a whole day --- there was a near riot in the airport ...

Only two airlines I really consider superior in or to Asia (at the coach level where I fly) is Cathay Pacific, and Thai Air...