Called DOS yesterday

I called DOS at about 4:15 PM yesterday. I was prepared to be on hold forever, booted off the phone system, etc... but they got to my call in less than 3 minutes! :blink:

I was told that GZ had entered the returned P-3 into the system on August 6. Does that mean that no second namecheck was done, or does that happen after it is entered into their system?

Returned?............whats mean?

It is possible that the consulate will run a security check once your info is acknowledged, in fact, I am certain of it. I remember when we were in the process that it is manditory as stipulated by the PA2001.

At least they have it now (the P3).

Start sending GZ e-mails!

Jason,

I think the second name check happens after GZ enters the returned P3 into their system. See my post "Letter from Congressman." Of course, Ling's second name check is at 1-1/2 months now, so believe what you will. All I can think right now is Marlon Brando in Apocolypse Now muttering "The madness, the madness."

Guest blsqueaky

I remember that when Ling returned her P-3, I called DOS one time, and they told me that they could see that her check was completed, but they told me to email GZ and ask why they did not have if entered into the puter has being complete. This made me wonder how they knew this. Well after that, well you can see my timeline.

I called DOS at about 4:15 PM yesterday. 

I was told that GZ had entered the returned P-3 into the system on August 6.

Our K1 was just sent out to GZ. What we need to call next to check if GZ receive our file? Call DOS to check like you say here? What is the number? Thanks! Good luck to all!

YYP,

DOS, otherwise known as the Department of State. Their phone # is

(202) 663-1225. Don't bother listening to the recording unless you are curious. After the recording starts enter 1, then enter 0. This will put you in the waiting line to speak to a genuine, honest to God, person.

You will need to give them the GUZ # and your fiance(e) name. Ask for the status of your case and anything else you can think of. But they'll just probably tell you when GZ entered the returned P3 into the system, and if the secondary name check has been completed or not. Doesn't seem they are capable or willing to answer anything else but that.

They start answering phones 8:30 am to 4:40 pm? Eastern time, but try calling as close to 8:30 am as possible or you could be in for a long wait. Don't know where you are calling from, but for me on Maui, that means getting up at 2:30 am to make the call every week. :lol:

I called right at 8:30 this morning. The first few times I got a recording that the office was closed. About 8:32, it transferred the call, but then said the office was 'unexpectedly' closed. Finally at 8:35 I got through. I was put into the queue, and told there was a 3 minute wait. The actual wait was only about 30 seconds. The woman I spoke to was polite. She told me that no interview had been scheduled. I asked her if all of the name check had cleared (they have ;) ) and what the last activity on our case had been (an email inquiry). Nothing surprising, but Quan was quite happy to know we cleared all of the namechecks.