P4 questions

Hi all, I've received copies of the P4 forms from a friend, in the appointment letter it states which documents must be available at the time of the interview. I noticed that previously married beneficiaries must get a "notarized marriage certificate" and a "notarized certificate of divorce", also a "notarized certificate of unmarriage". I figure there should be no problem getting the first two at this time as it's something that it's past

history, but what about the certificate of unmarriage?? Should he get it after receiving the P4 as it's closer to the interview? My point is that if what they want is to make sure that he is a bona fide single man, then maybe they want it as closer to the interview as possible, and that's probably why they ask for it along with the P4, right? I'm asking because my fiance is now on a business trip at his hukou place, and we had thought about getting the "unmarriage doc" now that he's there. The way things are going, maybe we won't get an interview for the next 6 months, and it would probably be not valid any more. Also, at the DS156K they ask for birth certificates for all children, it will be very difficult for him to obtain this, and his daughter will not come now or in the future to USA, is it imperative that we get this??? Please shed some light to me, I got until Saturday to tell him what exactly to get now.

Hi mari. The GZ web site says this:

"What's the period of validity for medical reports and notarial certificates?

Notarial birth certificates, marriage certificates and divorce certificates have unlimited validity. Medical reports, notarial single certificates and police certificates are good for one year from the date of issuance."

I soooo hope it's not 6 months for you guys! Even if it is, I think it's okay your fiance can get the document now, especially since he is in his hometown.

Greg