CIS customer service?

Here's the irony. The websites say that if you filed an application 30 days prior to the processing date shown on the websites, you should call. But, if you are earlier than 30 days and try to call, they will tell you that you'll have to wait until the processing times are updated. Since they get updated once a month, you'll end up waiting as much as 59 days before USCIS will do anything about it - I mean talk to you about doing something about it. Whether they actually will do something is problematic.

I mailed my wife's I-485 to the local CIS office in December 2003. About two weeks later I received a letter from the local CIS office that they have received and accepted the application and gave us a "window" on where and when to go for the fingerprinting. I was concerned a bit that this letter wasn't an official I-797C form but gave it no further thought until I received an I-797C stating that NBC has received the case on July 21, 2004. That's when I got onthe phone to CIS customer service.

I believe that they have my wife's I-485 in a mess. The receipt number doesn't exist according to the online case status routine. They told me to wait 30 days.

I just sent my step-daughter's I-485 in to the local CIS office. Got a I-797C on Thursday with a MSC number. Her number works. My wife's doesn't!...