any one with an interview date?

Guest jimcope

Greg, I hope you can give us the good news very soon, let us know how the interview went. I don't know if I miss it, but how could you get the new interview so soon? Was the pleading, begging and crying only thru an e-mail or do you actually talked to a human being in GZ? Anyway, good luck!!!!!! :angry:

Mtbdude:

She  received P3 package on 3/17/04 and sent to GZ on 3/26/04. GZ recorded around 3/29/04 [exactly 4/1/04 ] received the P4 letter for appointment on 7/17/04. Interview on 8/27/04. :)

Eddy & Jing-Ling

thanks eddy & jing-ling. just trying to get a handle on the lead time! good luck with that interview.

steve

Hi Jim,

My MM and I are soooo lucky, even with the mailing problem (GZ said they sent interview letter, but she never got it).  She has the interview tomorrow (8/2).  My timeline is below.  Hoping the time can somehow pass quickly for you.

Greg

good luck greg! looking forward to hearing some good news.

steve

Greg, I hope you can give us the good news very soon, let us know how the interview went. I don't know if I miss it, but how could you get the new interview so soon? Was the pleading, begging and crying only thru an e-mail or do you actually talked to a human being in GZ? Anyway, good luck!!!!!!

Thank you mari and steve and others.

So happy to report the interview went okay, she got the white paper and will pick up her passport with visa tomorrow afternoon!! :) :D

Yes mari, we mostly used GZ email to talk to them. We did call one lady, but it seemed to give us nothing. After hearing our story, I was hoping she would say "oh, you poor thing, let me fix that for you right now...." but she only said we must email and request another interview date.

Qingqing went there with a friend she met at 001.com. I think this is great if your sweetheart can go there with another--you can take turns looking at the monitor waiting for your number to appear so you don't miss it. 001.com is a very active site and seems easy to meet up with people there and make arrangements.

Here's a little of what happened: She got there about 7:40. About 8:00 they let people in the building. 1st, she was called up by name to give the medical exam package (that she was not allowed to open), then called up by name again to do the fingerprinting. Both times she said the people were very friendly. Then she waited for her # to show on the monitor (like taking # at a deli). One GLITCH came when doing the medical exam package -- they discovered that they lost the "230" form -- the main part of P3. Fortunately, they let her fill in a new one, and she was able to remember the answers (i think this one asks for work and living history many years ago). PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR CHINESE SWEETHEART COPY THE P3 PAPERS BEFORE SENDING TO GZ! I so regret that I didn't tell my MM to do this :lol: but fortunately, she was able to fill-in okay. Just like many others here, the interview lasted less than 5 minutes. The VO asked things like "where did you meet?", "how many times has he visited you?" "did he meet your parents?" The lady asked for pictures of me with her parents, but we didn't have any (we did some but they didn't get developed). So she showed her some other pictures of us together with some of her friend, and also some of my 2 sons, which made the lady smile. That was it. If anyone has questions about other things that happen there, I'll try to find out. But basically, I think prepare as much as you can -- bring anything and everything you can think of -- just in case they ask for it. In our case, I think it sure helped that she had pictures of my kids there. It seems likely that they won't even ask for all/most of the stuff you bring!! For example, they didn't even ask to look at the I-134 (financial stuff/bank letter/employment letter/tax forms)! But she said other K-1 people she met DID have to present that info. You never know.

Jim, I hope you guys can get your P4 quickly quickly!

Greg