process for 129 f...k1

Guest wayne3191

First, welcome to Candle. You'll find a wealth of information about the process here.

Second, you might try a search. Descriptions of the process are scattered throughout the forum, but here's a condensed version.

The US citizen petitions USCIS with the I-129F on behalf of the foreign fiance(e). This filing establishes eligibility to obtain the K-1 visa. Once approved, the files will be sent to the National Visa Center to do name and security checks on the foreign fiance(e).

When NVC completes it clearances, it will forward the files to the US consulate in Guangzhou, and GZ will send the actual visa applications and other forms to the fiance(e). After the completed forms are returned to the consulate, GZ will advise the applicant of the interview date at the consulate and require the submission of attitional forms and medical exams.

If the interview is successful, the applicant will be given the K-1 visa (usually the next day).

Here is another link that will provide you will additional information on the process.

http://uschinak1.com/

It sounds a lot easier than it actually is. Figure anywhere from 9 months to a year for the entire process and expect delays along the way.

Good luck.

Guest wayne3191

Hi Frank ....thanks for your information. I was going to marry there , but i

only have one week there and at that time i thought that it will take three

weeks to process the paper works......

I have a friend just got married and that only takes one day....

So im kind of frustrated now.....

How long u have to wait after u got the visa . So u could leave?