Another P4 question

Probably a stupid question (because the answer is obvious?).... Does my fiancee need to have ALL the P4 forms filled in when she goes to the medical exam? Based on what I read on GZ web site, looks like the answer is YES, but I wondered if others here had gone there without having everything else ready. (My mm needs to go to Qingdao quickly and was hoping to do the exam tomorrow.)

From GZ: http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...edicalexam.html

"Each person who is examined must bring four photographs of himself to give to the examining physician.

In order to speed up the document checking process when you come to the Consulate for your interview, the panel physician facilities will be checking your materials for completeness and putting the documents in the proper order for interview.

At the time of your medical exam, please bring all the documents listed on Form OF-171, Appointment Letter for Immigrant Visa Applicants (K3/K4 applicants please refer to "Letter to K3/K4 Applicants"; V applicants please refer to "Letter to V Applicants"), with you to the designated clinic or hospital. The staff there will help to put these materials in order, and then return them to you in a sealed envelope which is to be opened only by the Consulate staff at the time of interview. Your signature will be required to indicate your participation in the process."

Not a stupid question. My answer is based on the procedure that was in effect in February, 2004, so I can't say if it's the same today. There were a couple of forms (I forget which ones) that required a signature in front of the VO, so Jingwen did not sign these forms when she gave the medical folks her paperwork. She signed them at the conclusion of her interview.

Thank you Frank.

Yes, based on the few P4 forms I have, there are some that say DON'T SIGN til an officer is there. I'm just feeling foolish that I was taken by surprise that all this needs to be finished before the medical exam, not just the interview. I've looked and looked... if anyone's found a site showing samples of all the P4s, please let us know.

Greg