Well, out of the blue my wife received the P3 today ( she made me guess :rolleyes: ). But there is one thing that is confusing the heck out of me.

Here is the letter she received in the packet.

Dear XX, WEI PING:

The enclosed information is about how to apply for immigration to the USA.

Please read and follow all of the enclosed instructions very carefully. Your case is filed under your name as shown below. When communicating with this office either by telephone or letter, you must provide your name and case number exactly as shown in this letter. If they are wrong or incomplete, please inform us.

Sincerely,

Chief, immigrant visa branch

Case number: GUZXXXXXXX

Name(P): XX wei ping

Preference category: K3-chin

Your priority date: 15 Jan 2004

Traveling applicants:

(P) XX wei ping 07 jan 1959

© xxxx, xxxx 28 dec 1986

encl: packet 3

does this mean her daughter is part of the application? She is the second name under Traveling applicants.

I did not include the daughter in the petition because she did not want to come to the USA. I figured we could do it later after she changed her mind. It appears she is part of the petition though.

The packet contains an inventory of the contents and everything is doubled.

File item;

1. instructions for immigrant visa applicants. two shares

2. application for immigrant visa and alien registration. two shares

3. family composition sheet. Two shares

4. nonimmigrant visa application. four shares

5. medical examination for immigrant of refugee applicant. two shares.

6. medical history and physical examination worksheet. two shares.

7. vaccination documentation worksheet. two shares.

8. chest x-ray and classification worksheet. two shares.

9. evidence which may be presented to meet the public charge provisions of the lay. two shares.

10. letter to K3/K4 applicant. two shares.

11. medical examination instructions. two shares.

12. new requirement for nonimmigrant visa application photos. two shares.

13. consulate general of the united states of America. two shares.

14. paperwork reduction act and privacy act notices.

Can anybody enlighten me before my wife tells her daughter she can come to the USA with her mom? I hope it's true. She's a neat kid. I just don't want to see her get her hopes up if this is not the case.

Marty,

Congrats on finally getting the P3.  I'll ask Ling today if her cover letter mentions her daughter.  I know she did receive 2 copies of everything just like Wei Ping did.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Is Ling bringing her daughter with her, and did you petition for the daughter? One thing that is throwing me is the attorney wanted to charge more if the daughter was included, but I don't see what extra work that would have entailed on his part.

I just hope I'm reading right. I'll have to get Wei Ping to contact GZ to clarify so she doesn't have her daughter go through the process for nothing.

Marty,

Just spoke to Ling. Yes, she is bringing her daughter Jun with her. We made sure Jun's name was entered in all the appropriate places in the I-129F and G-325A forms. When Ling got the P3, Jun's name was entered under "Traveling Applicants." She was not mentioned in the introductory paragraph. It read exactly like Wei Ping's cover letter. So no worries, just have her fill out the forms and send those puppies in (and No, I don't mean you JP :D )

As far as an extra work. All I can imagine is there is twice as many forms to fill out now for the P3 and later for the P4. I just sent Ling 2 copies of my I-134, bank letter, IRS transcripts for the last 3 years, and employment letter. Just make sure when filling out the forms, you enter the correct name. ie. on the I-134, Question 3 "That this affidavit is executed in behalf of the following person:" Enter Wei Ping on 1 form and her daughter on the second. I almost blew it and put Ling's name twice. :D But you still enter her daughter's name under Wei Ping's, where it asks "Name of spouse and children accompanying or following to join person:" Maybe the attorney is charging for extra ink and copies?

I hope this is clear. :rolleyes: If you have any questions, I'll be happy to try to give you an answer.

Jon

Thanks everybody, I think I have it straight. My stepdaughter will fill out the DR 230 part 1 and send it in with the wife''s. I will send the wife another Affidavit of Support for the daughter. They will go to GZ together, get the interview, and visa (I hope).

Then daughter will finish School and join us in the US. I asked my wife to get a notarized, translated letter from the ex giving permission for the daughter to come. She may not need it because she is 18, but I think it is better to err on the side of caution. Does this sound right?

Hummmm.... Marty,

Two teenage daughters --- could be big trouble... Make sure that the one who speaks Mandarin, does't teach the one who doesn't how too....

I have already identified that impending threat in my girls age 7 & 9 ---- talking Mandarin behind my back!!

Fortunately, Trigg has just sent me a "secret weapon" ~!

---Kim

Oh dear, I know the feeling, I got one that's worth 10!!!!......  but I wouldn't change her for anything in the world.

Oh gosh, no comment. I made a post a few months ago about abuse. I think it's in Chinese discipline (or close to that). And still. I agree, I would not trade her for anything. I sure do miss the brat. :lol: