Maybe USCIS saw a need for an interview in this case rather than sending out an RFE.  In any event, this is indeed strange.

I think so. Maybe they want to make sure about our close relationship. We do not worry about it. But I still have something to ask. When my boyfriend came to China to meet me, we stayed together for almost three weeks. He wanted to buy a diamond ring for our engagement, but I did not want him to buy because I thought it was too expensive and I did not realize the engagement ring was important proof of our close relationship. But he met my parents, my family and my best friends, and had dinner within my family to show that we were engaged. Although we have lots of other proofs to show our close relationship, we do not know if the engagement ring receipt is the necessary proof. If they ask about it, what should we explain? And after they mail our file to GZ, does GZ contact my company to check if I am really working there? Because I moved to another city, I do not want to make our case delayed again due to my moving. Thanks.

Maybe USCIS saw a need for an interview in this case rather than sending out an RFE.  In any event, this is indeed strange.

I think so. Maybe they want to make sure about our close relationship. We do not worry about it. But I still have something to ask. When my boyfriend came to China to meet me, we stayed together for almost three weeks. He wanted to buy a diamond ring for our engagement, but I did not want him to buy because I thought it was too expensive and I did not realize the engagement ring was important proof of our close relationship. But he met my parents, my family and my best friends, and had dinner within my family to show that we were engaged. Although we have lots of other proofs to show our close relationship, we do not know if the engagement ring receipt is the necessary proof. If they ask about it, what should we explain? And after they mail our file to GZ, does GZ contact my company to check if I am really working there? Because I moved to another city, I do not want to make our case delayed again due to my moving. Thanks.

A receipt for an engagement ring is not that important - nice to have but not absolutely essential. As far as verifying employment, I have never heard of GZ doing so.

A receipt for an engagement ring is not that important - nice to have but not absolutely essential.  As far as verifying employment, I have never heard of GZ doing so.

Thanks for everything. We are very confident that my boyfriend will pass the interview. Good luck to everyone here.

YYP, I really hope you will let us know what this is all about. You have presented a situation that no one has ever heard of. It's not that we question what you are saying, it is just so unusual.

It sounds like your BF is very devoted to you. When I first read your post, I thought maybe he was just looking for a "holiday wife". He could tell you that he filed, but really didn't. However, you have said things that make that not true - it seems that he really loves you and is trying to get you here with him. Again, this "interview" is very unusual.

It would be very helpful to us if you let us know why they requested him to meet with them; and the outcome. I wish you and your BF good luck.

Thank you for your concern. We will know why they want to interview him and the outcome as well next week after interview. We do not know the reason now. Yes, my boy friend is very devoted to me. He came to China every four or five months to see me to stay with me as longest as he could. We even thought that he moved to China if our application could not be approved. I am glad if our unusual case would be helpful to you. Thanks again for you all.

hi everybody, my boyfriend, Vernon will go for our interview at noon today. Please say prayer for us for our interview. We have been waiting so long for our days of being together. Thank you so much! Good luck to you all!

hi everybody, my boyfriend, Vernon will go for our interview at noon today. Please say prayer for us for our interview. We have been waiting so long for our days of being together. Thank you so much! Good luck to you all!

If possible, tell your boyfriend not to worry about anything during the interview because your relationship is genuine, strong, and real ... therefore there is nothing to be worried about ... love always prevails!!

And don't worry about the ring receipt, it is not absolutely necessary - just be sure to be wearing it during your interview, and make sure it fits your finger well ;)

If possible, tell your boyfriend not to worry about anything during the interview because your relationship is genuine, strong, and real ... therefore there is nothing to be worried about ... love always prevails!!

And don't worry about the ring receipt, it is not absolutely necessary - just be sure to be wearing it during your interview, and make sure it fits your finger well  :P

:D :D :D :D :D :D Thank you so much here. My boyfriend passed interview today. He was interviewed for two and half hours. In the first hour, the man did not smile, but later, he smiled so big, and very helpful. He knows our relationship is real and strong. He gave us approval and said my boyfriend is a very honest person. He believes we are serious.

I cannot tell how happy we are today. We have been waiting soooo long, one year and four months, for approval. We know it is just the first step for us, we hope our case will move forward smoothly.

God bless us! God bless you!

I will wear ring during my interview. :D