It's been a while

Ni Hao everybody,

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Life here in Shanghai has been busy for the both of us since we arrived here. I don't get much time to sit in front of the PC.

First off, we turned in our I130 to the Shanghai Consulate on May 12th and had our approval letter 5 weeks later. We're now waiting on word from GZ. We've been told it will take 6 - 8 weeks before we get anything from them.

The day I turned in our I130 went so smooth. The consulate officer congradulated me and proceeded to check through all our documents. I had the origionals and copies of everything and he proceeded to stamp all our copies. All in all it took me about 15 minutes to turn in all the paper work. They guy and gal that helped me we great and very helpful. They asked how long we've been married and how long we've been living in China, it was a warm and fuzzy feeling once I left.

We're not going to sweat this process since we are here in Shanghai now and have over 2 years left on this project. We bought a nice apartment a few miles from the office and have settled in nicely. I finally got a decent broadband connection that rivals what I had in Ohio. We also got satalite TV so I can watch TV again, though lately we are working through the X Files. We are almost done with season 7.

All in all life has been ok. I have some issues with this large city. It's nothing to do with China, it's just I don't like big city life, too many people and traffic sucks.

I was home in June for 2 weeks and enjoyed every minute I was home. It was so nice to be back in the fresh air with blue skys over head. I never realized how much I miss driving around and not having to chase a taxi down whenever we want to go out.

My wife is heading to Seoul next weekend for a girls weekend of shopping and fine dinning, I on the other hand will start working on my web page again.

I posted some pictures from our 4th of July party we went to. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to be surrounded by Americans, American food and music, it did make me somewhat home sick though. You can check out the photos on my site http://www.outlifeinchina.com just click on the link for July 4th.

I think I am going to browse some of the posts and see what's going on with all you guys and gals.

Hope you are all well,

-Tim D.

I posted some pictures from our 4th of July party we went to. It was a lot of fun. It was nice to be surrounded by Americans, American food and music, it did make me somewhat home sick though. You can check out the photos on my site http://www.outlifeinchina.com just click on the link for July 4th.

Good to hear that you are alive and doing well.

I took the liberty of changing your website address - hope it's the right one.

http://www.ourlifeinchina.com

Guest blsqueaky

Hey Tim, it is so great to see you posting again. You have to tell me, what part of Ohio. I am Buckeye Lake. I know what you mean about the blue skies, first thing that Lingg noticed when she awoke her first day here and looked out side. Could not believe it.

Nice web page. Glad that Frank changed it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm from Columbus, but I've fished all around Buckeye lake. Beautiful area you got there.

Things here are moving fast, we already got Packet 3 last Friday and are in the process of filling out the forms now. I figure we should have this process completed by October, end of the year at the latest.

I'm going to post more in another thread

Good to see everyone again,

-Tim

Guest blsqueaky
I'm from Columbus, but I've fished all around Buckeye lake. Beautiful area you got there.

Things here are moving fast, we already got Packet 3 last Friday and are in the process of filling out the forms now. I figure we should have this process completed by October, end of the year at the latest.

I'm going to post more in another thread

Good to see everyone again,

-Tim

Tim, when you get back home, we will have to get together out here on the lake, let our wives meet each other and get to know. I think that it might be great if they become close, and this way she will have someone close to that she can also talk to.

Hey since you are from Cols, I am still trying to find a real Chinese supermarket that Ling can shop in. The other day I was told about the north market on High street. Any recommendations???