Shall I continue

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Hello again everyone, yes it is a ball, Wally World, Krogering, and even the small stores here. She is taking this in so quickly, and learing and remembering, it is totally surprising me.

All of my friends here are treating her so well, and helping her learn, in fact we were just visiting some friends, and my one friend, her husband made a deal with her, she will teach him pinyang, and he will help her learn english. This surprised the heck out of me. The other friend that said she teach her chinese cooking and vice versus, today asked when. I guess alot of this has to do with being from a small town, and everyone knows each other and likes.

Today she even went with me to get my hair cut, a place that I have been going to for years, and my hairdresser, (YES My Hairdresser, limp wrist and all) knew that she was here, and while he was cutting away, he was asking her, and she was saying okay, not there, here okay. Well the finished product, I still have pony tail, and she says make me look younger. Gawd I love her, keep my long hair, up to a point.

I am finding out that the more that she is here, the more that she is adapting, and the more that my friends are falling in love with here. They understand about her english, so they go out of their way to try and make easier, this from the friends in the Eagles, (and this inlcudes the officers) and VFW, (the same) and some other places that I go to.

I guess that in closing, this to all of the newbies that are getting ready to bring their SO's over here, one thing that I found out was that all of the time the Ling and I were writing, I never held back anything, all up and in the front, so she knew, and when she arrived, she was already aware of it, and then easier to handle, instead of just getting thrown to the wolves, and also all of my friends knew about her. I guess that they know more about the home front, then the easier to adapt, then if from a large city, then a small town, makes a diference. This is just my opinion.

Well another week, then on the road, but in the meantime, BCIS this tuesday, talk to them, and show everything that we already have, and let them tell me where to go, (and I hope not to -_-_)

Well right now she is cooking, and remember that one special bottle that was in a case she brought me, well she just opened to use for seasoning on Chicken wings. (Ohhhhhh Gawd no, but who am I to argue) Soooon a trip to the Store here to buy Chinese Seasoning.

Everyone, take care, and in closing, always listen to your SO before she comes here, and you will learn so much, and sometimes they might not always say it, but in their voice, that is will you will learn.

Good Night, Mark and Ling,

(Dayum, it feels good to write the sig)

Don't let her use up that special drink for cooking!!! For heaven's sake. These ladies are goddesses, they are making the life, but still, they should hold back their hand sometimes. When Ping was first here I asked her what happened to the rest of the bottle of Grand Marnier, she told me she used it for cooking. With a sigh I told her okay now I will buy another bottle. She said no it is too expensive. Aaaaccchhh. Tell you what, Mark, go to the liquor store and buy a bottle of Everclear, no kidding the real 190 proof stuff, and let her use that for cooking, that is what we do.

Guest blsqueaky

JP, as you are now affectionately known here, I will keep writing.

Robert, we can not buy everclear here for some reason. I think mostly it is a red neck think, you know, down in the south, moon shine :D :D Yes, she has seen the prices here for booze, and can not believe the cost. I am not even going to try to explain, because then it becomes explaining more and more about taxes, state, federal, excise.

Well, time to continue on. Today was her first experience going to a drawing at the local VFW, been explaining to her why everyone keeps comming in and giving money to the batender to have a chance that your number is pulled, well today, no I was not.

The other day in the eagle, she was watching me play tickets, no winners, so she tells me I no play anymore. Well this morning, she takes money from her purse, and I ask her why, she tells me so that she play tickets, and she does, no winner, so then she tells me tomorrow, she play different tickets, maybe more lucky. Now figure this, I can not play, not waste money, but she can. I will never figure. I just stand there and LMAO. Now she is sitting here and telling me that in the morning, she just buy $5, and buy what is called baby weiner, she just says, in the morning, I buy baby.

Well later back to the store again, small store in town here, and she again is learing so fast. Walking around, she looks at everything, and tries to find what she thinks is cheap. Well the store here is having a special on lays chips,buy 1 get 2 free, well she sees, into the carriage, 3 bags of chip. I am not talking the small ones here. I guess that we will be having chips for some time now. Now like Dave G said, hungry, we no sooner in the car when she already has bag open.

Well by the time that we get back home, my landlord is here back from some of her shopping, and she loves to go the Wonder Bakery Outlet here. Well her car is full, she hands Ling a bag, and tells Ling to fill it up, so now plenty of bread, danish, and doughnuts. Ling tells me that now she not worried about being hungry again. So much food in the house, yes freezer is now also full, so full that yesterday I had to have the meat man keep half of my order in their freezer.

Tomorrow the big celebration here, and she is really looking forward to it. Will be partying from about 1 till 10. On the lake here, we have a big boat parade, all decorated, and the parade comes by my back yard here, so yes, she will be out there with the camera.

Will let you know later how it goes. Until then, everyone, please have a nice holiday, and especially a very safe one.

Guest blsqueaky
Hey Mark great stories, Does your wife also post her side on 001 I would love to have my MM read some stories also.

You know se_lang, no she does not. Maybe I will get her to do that. Only problem her english is not that great, but heck, let her take all day to type. I not care. Now listen to me, and I talking like I am talking to her.

Hey Mark great stories, Does your wife also post her side on 001 I would love to have my MM read some stories also.

You know se_lang, no she does not. Maybe I will get her to do that. Only problem her english is not that great, but heck, let her take all day to type. I not care. Now listen to me, and I talking like I am talking to her.

001 is chinese she can type chinese if it is setup on your comp.

Guest blsqueaky

001 is chinese she can type chinese if it is setup on your comp.

Hello Se_lang, she has said that she will type something soon in the oo1 forum.

Now shall I continue, now where did I leave off, oh yes, the 4th of July. Well yesterday started out a little slow, the weather, but it got a little better, so for lunch my landlord cooked, alond with one her friends who is a head chef in a restruant here in Columbus. It was something very small, brats, pasta salad and baked beans. Brats she loved, pasta salad, so so, and baked beans, get me some more.

later was the boat parade, boats decorated in very strange ways. Example, one was a pontoon boat with fenders on it, and wheels, saying that it was the pink cadlillac, and on it was an bank playing live, the 60's, another a small boat, said PT-173(no idea what it means), but she was watching this and loving. Oh, BTW, the band on the boat was a bank that I know the leader, and when they rolled by the house, he said out loud, Paige, hope you enjoying, and she just loved it.

Well after the parade, nap time, since long time for the rest. About 6, landlord wakes is up, dinner, more food, food that my wife has never tasted, and of course some of my landlord's friends contrubuted, and more of her cooking friends. Unreal, uncluding the deserts. Ling loved all of it.

Well later, finally back on the lake, 10 p.m. fireworks start. In the previous years they were at the end of the lake. You could still see them, but far away. This year, right accross the lake, my back door almost. Again, she almost fell over, could not believe how great that they were. Now remember she is from GZ and so New Years their, but she so enjoyed. As soon as they were done, back home, and on the phone, calling family and telling them everything.

Today was a minor setback. Big power outage. Took almost 15 hours to fix. She was sitting here telling me how in China, they work fast, get back on. Try to explain this to her, America, they can only work so fast. This outage affected one very large area.

Well in closing, tonight we had our first small tiff, and all because of the power outage, and her understanding of english. I mentioned that we would go to a great place for pizza, when we arrived, waiting outiside the doors, that busy, so I said go for buffet, said okay, got there, then said, no order pizza, bring home, so okay, had to go to ATM, they were down due to outage earlier, tried to explain, they do not deliver for freem cab bit get money, (people, rememember that I live in small town, many do not take plastic), so got home, most are closed on Monday's, then she said I cook, everything is frozen, even stores closed. So the little spat started. Instead of continuing, she went to sleep, and I went and sat on the lake and read a book.

Well tell later everyone, and please comment on if I could have done something different here. I myself think that I tried to handle welll. Oh and BTW, time to take everthing out of the ice in the cooler and put back in fridge.

Well tell later everyone, and please comment on if I could have done something different here. I myself think that I tried to handle welll. Oh and BTW, time to take everthing out of the ice in the cooler and put back in fridge.

Your response should have been "Sorry dear I am wrong I will never let it happen again" then gone down to lake caught fish and cooked it for her. I think maybe she was just beat and frustrated not to mention hungry( But don't ask her if she is, See Dave G post)

Guest blsqueaky

Your response should have been "Sorry dear I am wrong I will never let it happen again" then gone down to lake caught fish and cooked it for her. I think maybe she was just beat and frustrated not to mention hungry( But don't ask her if she is, See Dave G post)

Ohhhh se_lang, I think that it was more, but mostly frustrated, and the night ended in one small great tiff, she made a comment, and the words were, "I not happy, I call mother, I go home" and I handed her the phone. Told her that if she not happy here, then I would rather her home, then she finally said, just not happy tonight. The whole tiff was that she was trying to tell me a joke, just said it wrong, and I misunderstood, and she really wanted the buffet. She remembered that many times that I would come home, not want to cook, I always called out for pizza, delivery, and this is what she was trying to joke about.

Now everything is fine, and in the morning, off to BCIS, I want to meet with the office here, and get many ?????? answered, right from the source.

Will everyone know the outcome.

BTW, my landlord told me about a great restruant (yes chinese) real close. Not a buffet, but real dinner, and she told me that if Ling talks to them, we will get real chinese food, made the right way, their style.

Can not Wait

Se-lang, saw Dave G post, and my reply was, when Ling is hungry, she will tell me, in many words