Wedding Pix in China

Hello,

Mark and I had our wedding pictures taken in China in May , 2003. They are all wonderful pictures. It was during Sars time, so the price was cheaper. ( But they still wanted us higher price at the first, I talked with them for some time, and their manager agreed to give us a good price, so if you think what they quote is high, let them be fair). We selected the best studio in my home town, Kunming ( the owner is from Taiwan, he has many studios in Taiwan and in China, with experience, ) and Mark said the studio and all the equipmemts they used are best even in USA.

It took us a whole day to finish four sets of pictures( 20 photos in an album, and 5 photos each set). Three sets pictures had been taken in studio and the fourth sets had been taken in a beautiful park of my home town. They gave us about 100 photo shoots and we picked 40 photos, 20 pitures in the nice looking album and another 20 pictures we put in our own album. Oh, they let us select one good picture to be enlarged with frame too. I do not remember how large it is, but it was taken to US by a 32 inch case.

I think it cost only 2000 Yuan to have all of them. All Mark's frined in USA said they are very good quility pictures and good price, they will come to China to have wedding picutes taken too!

Oh, one thing is we wanted 40 pictures among 100, each picture cost 20 Yuan. they only gave you the pictures and negitive which you paid. This price has been included in 2000 Yuan.

I hope this helps you have some ideals.

Mark and June

Jeff and I took our wedding pictures in my hometown AnQing when we went back visit my parents in April this year. We got great pictures and everyone is happy with them;

In SH or BJ of China, easy to find place for wedding pictures; In NanJing, there's also a lot of choice... Just go to XIN JIE KOU, a piece of cake...

We had our wedding pictures done in Chongqing. They were great. I think we paid around $160 - and that included the frame of the largest picture.

In general, you get about 4 times as much as you would in the states for the same money / quality.

Plus, it was a great experience. Another benefit was that the photo's allow you both Western and Chinese wedding dress.

We had our wedding pictures done in Chongqing.  They were great.  I think we paid around $160 - and that included the frame of the largest picture.

In general, you get about 4 times as much as you would in the states for the same money / quality.

Plus, it was a great experience.  Another benefit was that the photo's allow you both Western and Chinese wedding dress.

Hey Dean where in CQ do you remember the Name , address etc....

Jeff

Run and Run like hell!! Your talking about volunteering for 13 hours of make up and patience. They brought us outside and took pictures. I'm glad we took them now but it was HELL! I was dying! If you hate shopping this is worse! They put makeup on me for the love of God! The pics cost us around $250 or so. Actually it was a little fun (I'll never admit that again!) If you need any numbers for Zhongshan PM me.

Sam

Guest blsqueaky
Has anyone had wedding photos made in Guangzhou? If so, where and how much.  Thanks.

John, I just asked my wife, also from GZ, and she tell me now, pics mostly taken on Shamian Island, and the price anywhere from 1,200RMB to 1,500RMB. I suggested this to her when we marry, and she said no, family take. Who am I to argue, plus when you marry there, and photos, usually in Long white dress, you in tux, but you can negotiate

I asked the CFL's about pix because we saw people in Nanjing getting pix done (at Xuan Wu Lake in the winter on a sunny but cold day) - I take pix for a hobby and enjoyed watching the pictures. Also, I have seen some cracker-jack pix in camera shops in different Chinese cities (when was the last time you heard "cracker-jack??") Sarah said, "no pix, we'll do them in the US" when we get married at her sisters in California and I have enough photo-friends here at home if needed

And you are right, at the photo sessions I watched - 3 or 4 couples at one time, the women looked exhausted and cold (remember, December) and guys all looked like stiffs in formal-wear, with the Chinese equivalent of, "You mean I'm missing the SuperBowl for this? Geeeez honey, come on!!" But, I think the photos would be nice to have - and I am sure $200-300 is probably a super bargain in comparison to the US.

THANKS! :blink:

We had our pictures done in ChongQing and it was about $400. they were very nice, two picture books and pictures for the walls, a DVD of our wedding, Yans makeup and hair styling, the photo shoot is an all day affair, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. and six sets of clothes, well worth it