I guess I am getting crazy now because I've been waiting for my NOA1 for 5 months. Called CSC yesterday and they said we have nothing can do expcept wait till Jun 25th. I really don't know how could they figure out that date? They said it happened to a lot people. I am insane now. Really frustrated.

Are you sure you're still waiting on NOA1? NOA1, which in lay terms is the official acknowledgement of having received the petition is usually sent out within the first week of so. NOA2 is the actual approval notice for the petition. This approval/notice can take up to six months at CSC unless they've gotten their act together and sped up the processing times.

It sounds like you are dealing with NOA2. Most of the times, the telephone response is to wait until the time shown on the on-line status check has passed (sometimes plus 30 days) before you make an inquiry.

Go to https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/case...id=e0aCdxAyuYw6 and enter your receipt number and see if June 25th jives with the processing time shown.

Frank,

The problem is I don't have the receipt number :angry: , Really don't know why they don't give us a number. They cashed the check, and people from this site told me I could check the back of the check. Unfortunately, we still cannot get the check from the bank. We ordered, but never get it. I just wondered whether CSC ever sent back that check. Really confused and frustrated!!!

As far as I know, there is no way for the bank to cash the check without having a physical copy of the check. If the bank can not get you a copy of the check, ask for a refund of the $110. Talk to a manager at the bank and ask for either the check or a $110 credit to your account. Hopefully he will give you the copy of the check. This would actually be in part for your own protection..... At this point, you don't know if CSC processed your application, or someone intercepted the application and "washed" the ckeck.

You should also be able to get the information from CSC too. Try calling BCIS. Tell them that you don't have your receipt number and ask if they can look up the information by either your name or your fiancee's name and birthdays.

It is nice to get a hard-copy of the information, but you really only need the receipt number, and the date of the receipt which could be conveyed over the phone.

At this point, DO NOT ACCEPT NO FOR AN ANSWER. Oh, also, when you talk to someone from the Bank or the INS, get their name.

----- Clifford -------