Finally at the NVC

It was great to finally hear the news that our file was received and entered at the NVC. The CSC approved us in March, then accidentally sent our petition to the NRC, instead of the NVC. It was crazy getting them to find it. Trying to get the Senators' aides and the Congressman to help was a nightmare, but dealing with the CSC was worse.

I sent a letter to the CSC explaining my situation, since they don't have a phone number accessible by regular citizens. In response to my letter letting them know "... my file hasn't reached the NVC, please give me shipping information when it left the CSC..." The CSC sent me a reply two weeks later with "...we've received your request for a change of address..." letter and form. The senators' aides never updated me on anything. One aide didn't take phone calls, and the other only takes voicemail. The funny thing is I've received several emails from the senators' office with links to sites detailing what a wonderful job the senators are doing for us.

Anyway, we are back on track. I just can't wait for the file to get to GUZ, so I can take my turn in the hurry and wait line. The burst of P4s lately seems promising.

best wishes everyone,

Now you should wait about a week and call NVC for your GUZ number.

603-334-0700

Don't wait for the voice to tell you what to do (it's a long distance phone call) hit 1 then hit 2 and hope you get the "please wait 3 minutes" line. If you get the "return to our automated system" message hang up and call again later. When you get the nice lady on the phone ask for the number and the status of your petition. She will ask you for your honey's name and date of birth.

It takes about a month to get through NVC. Get the date it was sent to GZ and you can track your package at the DHL site.

I called the NVC this morning, and was told by the operator that our file was sent to GZ on 25May04 just a day after they entered it into their system. After I hung up, I had to call them back because I was some what in shock. I actually got the same operator. I let her know that I wanted to make sure she said it was sent to GZ on 25May04. She confirmed it again.

I called DHL and was told that the item sent 25May04 from NVC to GZ already arrived in Customs on 31May04. He gave me the DHL number so I could keep track of it.

I guess it'll be another month or two before we hear anything from GZ. After that wait for CSC to find the file, this feels great. Knock on wood.

I called the NVC this morning, and was told by the operator that our file was sent to GZ on 25May04 just a day after they entered it into their system. After I hung up, I had to call them back because I was some what in shock. I actually got the same operator. I let her know that I wanted to make sure she said it was sent to GZ on 25May04. She confirmed it again.

I called DHL and was told that the item sent 25May04 from NVC to GZ already arrived in Customs on 31May04. He gave me the DHL number so I could keep track of it.

I guess it'll be another month or two before we hear anything from GZ. After that wait for CSC to find the file, this feels great. Knock on wood.

Not sure but I think that is an NVC record turn around. It seems to take 3-4 weeks on average for GZ to get it out of customs and in the system. Good luck and enjoy the wait.

CQHK,

I have heard that NVC often sends multiple packages to GZ at a time. There is often one package that gets there in a week, and other packages take a month.

You might want to double check that there weren't additional tracking numbers for the shipment that you think your information is in.

Best of Luck,

Clifford

keelec Posted on Jun 3 2004, 10:15 PM

You might want to double check that there weren't additional tracking numbers for the shipment that you think your information is in.

Thanks for reminding me. I did ask the person I spoke to, and he said that was the only one he saw. I'll call them back to make sure.

keelec Posted on Jun 3 2004, 10:15 PM Good luck and enjoy the wait.

I'll enjoy it as much as I can. It'll give us some time to get things in order. I'm sending her the P3 forms I printed here. Already called the IRS to get the copies of my returns for 2003, 2002, 2001.

Just need to call DHL again, lol. I asked him if there were more items sent on 25May04 to GZ, but he said only the one. I better check.

Thanks

cqhk

I think this is probably your package

9183228994 - Detailed Report

Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 26, 2004 15:16 Portsmouth, NH - USA Shipment picked up

May 27, 2004 05:15 Cincinnati Hub, OH - USA Departed from DHL facility in Cincinnati Hub - USA

May 28, 2004 23:43 - Arrived at DHL facility in -

May 29, 2004 05:52 - Departed from DHL facility in -

May 29, 2004 16:10 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Arrived at DHL facility in Guangzhou - China, People's Republic

May 29, 2004 16:10 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Processed for clearance at Guangzhou - China, People's Republic

May 30, 2004 20:55 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

June 01, 2004 21:05 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

June 02, 2004 21:03 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

June 03, 2004 21:07 Guangzhou - China, People's Republic Clearance delay

se_lang Posted on Jun 3 2004, 10:51 PM

Se lang, thanks for looking that up for me. NVC said they shipped my file on 25May05. Anyway, if it was with the shipments on 25May04 or 26May04, it's there in Customs.

I called DHL again. There were two items sent on 25May04. 9183227756 and 9183227620. I asked him if he was sure there were only two shipments that day. He said he was positive. Both shipments are in Customs waiting clearance. 7756 was in Customs on 31May04 and 7620 was in Customs on 28May04. Both are currently in Customs.

I know nothing is set in stone and a lot could theoretically happen, but it sounds like we're in good shape. Still knocking on wood.

Thanks again.

se_lang Posted on Jun 3 2004, 10:51 PM

Se lang, thanks for looking that up for me. NVC said they shipped my file on 25May05. Anyway, if it was with the shipments on 25May04 or 26May04, it's there in Customs.

I called DHL again. There were two items sent on 25May04. 9183227756 and 9183227620. I asked him if he was sure there were only two shipments that day. He said he was positive. Both shipments are in Customs waiting clearance. 7756 was in Customs on 31May04 and 7620 was in Customs on 28May04. Both are currently in Customs.

I know nothing is set in stone and a lot could theoretically happen, but it sounds like we're in good shape. Still knocking on wood.

Thanks again.

7756 is U.S. Diplomatic Correspondence

7620 is the package with packets from the 24th

9183230884 is the package with packets from the 26th

Now this is only a "method" I use and can be wrong but so far I have not had any complaints. :P