expected to receive p3 but got p4 stuff inside

Guest mike&nico

Kim,

There are only three things you (your honey) should be mailing to GZ between today and the interview. As Turtle pointed out, you should mail back the following things ASAP:

DS-230

OF-169 checklist with relevent boxes checked

p3 supplemental info sheet

As the instructions clearly say, DON'T MAIL BACK ANYTHING ELSE!

Have you mailed back those three things listed above? Okay, now you can proceed with the next stuff, which never gets mailed, it gets hand carried to the interview (to the medical examincation actually, presumably just before the interview), this includes the Affidavit of Support. Yes, your honey will be handing over you financial info to a nurse or doctor. It's weird, but that's the way it is. Anyway, to answer your questions:

Q1: "Is that [the financial documents] what is required for the P3?" It's kind of hard to answer your question because of the way you phrased it. The instructions inside P3 require that you *OBTAIN* such financial documents (Affidavit of Support), but it's not necessary to return them with the other three things listed above. Again, they get hand carried to Guangzhou later on.

Q2: Are faxed copies of INS forms acceptable? There is no need to do any faxing. Take your time to get your financial documents in order, as per the instructions, get them notarized as necessary, then postal mail them your honey (or bring them along with you when you go to GZ for her interview?). Why would you need to fax anything? If you insist on it, I suppose GZ might accept faxed copies, but it's a big risk and I see no need to do it. Our policy is: if we can provide GZ with original copies, then do it.

Q3: I think you are missing a lot of points. Go follow that link that Cliffy gave you and download all the P3 forms for yourself, then simply read the instructions and follow along. If you follow the stated instructions, you won't be missing anything.

There is one thing all P3 people should keep in mind. The "current" DS-230 expires on 5/31/04. Presumably a new one will be issued on that date (or day after?). I'm not sure which version is being mailed in the P3 these days. So if you and your honey are looking at two copies while talking over the phone, make sure you both have the same version!

Oh, also, one more question, if I have to send the original document I-134, waht is the fastest way to get it to GZ?

You have about 3 months (?) to decide what is the fastest way to get it to GZ. I strongly suggest brining it with you on your way to Guangzhou for the interview. Well, actually, be sure to get it to her in time for her medical examination!

Great Jim,

Thats what I needed to know....  

Fei is under the impression she needed the I-134 right away, but what you said makes sense (but handing it to the doctor?)  Trigg said essentially the same thing so I thought I better check around....   :lol:

---Kim

Glad to help Kim. Yeah, the instructions can be kind of hard to follow. It's a good thing you're asking questions! Us post-P3 folks have all been there too, and we all had the same questions you have now. Some of us just follow instructions a little better than others :P :D :lol:

About the sworn I-134 thing ... yes, the orignal I-134 needs to be sworn to by a bank officer. Here's a tip, be sure to get a bank officer that doubles as a notary public. Then just point your finger to the bottom of Page 2 and they will know what to do there. As for the duplicate copy of the I-134 ... I'm just gonna make a regular Xerox copy and paper clip it to the original I-134. Actually ... I'll be making 5 copies of everything, just in case.

Thanks, se_lang,

But I am under the impression they want it now when she returns the P-3 info..... ??

Do you recall if you had to have a sworn original, and duplicate doucments from bank officers etc?

--Kim

I have a letter from my employer, Bank, tax returns they are still sitting here in my bedroom. they are not needed until interview.

Fei is under the impression she needed the I-134 right away, but what you said makes sense (but handing it to the doctor?)

Kim,

Didn't you know that Doctors are all about MONEY!!!! They want to make sure that you have LOTS of money to pay their buddies when you get to the USA. :lol: