AOS interviewed but still waiting

Hi, my wife and I had the K-1 AOS interview this week. Things went pretty well, and I gave the interviewer my 2003 tax, some pictures, bank statements, insurance policies, and employment letter. All the documents needed are there. Most of the questions were directed to my wife to verify what were on the application form. And then, we were told that my wife's security clearance was not there, and we have to wait for a notice in the mail. All we get is a pre-printed generic letter, which has my wife's name on it and states that we had the interview and requires security clearance.

The interviewer didn't give us any explanation or how to follow up. Also, the interview took my wife's I-94 card from the passport and the advance parole papers. So, we came out of the interview totally clueless, no stamp. :lol: It seems like another waiting game, and this time there is no place to check.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Luke

Hi, my wife and I had the K-1 AOS interview this week.  Things went pretty well, and I gave the interviewer my 2003 tax, some pictures, bank statements, insurance policies, and employment letter.  All the documents needed are there.  Most of the questions were directed to my wife to verify what were on the application form. And then, we were told that my wife's security clearance was not there, and we have to wait for a notice in the mail.  All we get is a pre-printed generic letter, which has my wife's name on it and states that we had the interview and requires security clearance.

The interviewer didn't give us any explanation or how to follow up.  Also, the interview took my wife's I-94 card from the passport and the advance parole papers. So, we came out of the interview totally clueless, no stamp.  :(  It seems like another waiting game, and this time there is no place to check.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  Thanks.

Luke

Same situation here with me and my wife. Things went very smoothly here in the U.S. and they didn't even care for pictures or asked. Was told she passed everything and was waiting for security clearance without any time frame. However, 1 week later we got a letter saying she's cleared and green card arriving within the next few months. Our interview was in L.A. area so not sure about other locations...

• 3 weeks later...
We went to the SF office.  Things went pretty smooth too.  I am hoping for the best.  Thanks.

BTW, I am going to be a father. ;) It is another thing to wait for, but more predictable.

Congrats on the news of being a father. Our daughter, Salina, was born May 18. It's a great experience and much faster than AOS.

Okay, they have got their visa inside the passport. They don't have a green card yet. So if the BCIS takes their AP then how are they supposed to come back? Sure they can travel outside the country but I meant they can't go because they can't come back.

• 2 weeks later...

Don, the interviewer took the AP. I think the AP was expired already, and was good for only 6 months. She said since my wife is pregnant, she won't be able to go anywhere anyway. It seems I can re-apply another AP if needed. It was just strange that she took the AP and the I-94 card without any given reason.

What number do I use to check my case online? Is the number on any of the papers we received? What is it like? Thanks.