I was looking at timelines in another site and I saw a Canadian K-3 with a NOA-1 of 2-16-04 and a Noa-2 of 5/12/04 is it possible or did someone get Lucky ??? I realize certain places have better Luck with Name Checks. Just wondering if they are working on Febuary Petitions. I know they were up to January 27, 2004 about 11 days ago.

I was looking at timelines in another site and I saw a Canadian K-3 with a NOA-1 of 2-16-04 and a  Noa-2 of 5/12/04 is it possible or did someone get Lucky ??? I realize certain places have better Luck with Name Checks. Just wondering if they are working on Febuary Petitions. I know they were up to January 27, 2004 about 11 days ago.

I don't know.... If they were working on the end of January when I looked at the "official" timelines a week ago, then mid feb wouldn't be bad. There generally is an amount of randomness in dates.

The Name Check isn't supposed to happen until NVC. I really don't know what it takes the service centers 2-6 months to do.

In the past the speed of the service centers (NSC, TSC, CSC, MSC, and VSC) did not seem to be dependent on the country of origin, but rather on which service center one applied at.

NVC used to be somewhat quicker for "western" nations.

The big speed difference occured once the application left the NVC and was shipped to the consolate. Some have about a week turn-over from time the application leaves NVC until the interview occurs and the visa is granted. THAT INCLUDES TIME IN THE MAIL :angry:

----- Clifford ------

Don't forget that Chinese (and Russian) applicants go through additional screening. Canadian and Western European citizens are generally processed faster.

Not to mention that Canadian applicants can drive across the border anytime (at least up until the application is filed).

;)

And European Applicants are eligable for a tourist visa prior to applying for the Fiancee/Spouse visas.