question about changing address

We moved about two weeks after filing the I-485. When I called the 1-800 number to schedule an appointment for biometrics/fingerprints at the ASC (Application Support Center), I gave our new address to the lady who (I hope) made the proper corrections and updated the address. I think you can also use the mails to notify CIS of address changes for applications, etc.

Unless you are the applicant calling, CIS won't enter the updated information over the phone. My wife does not speak great English, so I called. The lady spoke to Jingwen for a minute, asked her her name and then talked to me to get the new address.

Also, don't forget to file the AR-11 which notifies the CIS of your change in address. Filing this form, however, will NOT change the mailing address for your applications, etc.

Guest tintin

Mine was a K-1 and my address was changed prior to the case being sent to GZ. I called NVC on the 1800 number and had the address change updated over the phone. (The call was made on the same date NVC had send the case to GZ, so I was told) The customer rep didn't have me fill out any forms and didn't ask to talk to my fiancee in China.

TT