I agree with Don. I don't think a pregnancy will speed things up on the domestic prcoessing of paperwork.

But apparently it will speeds things up a bit at GZ, once they are aware of this fact. However, it will probably only shave maybe a month of the wait. Is a premature pregnancy worth it?

What if she becomes due around the time of the interview? She won't be able to fly to the US at that time, she'll have to wait until after the birth, there goes your time savings!

David,

This topic came up only a few weeks ago.

Here is the link:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index....t=ST&f=1&t=5125

As I understand, a pregnancy might give you a slight edge, but it may be extremely minimal.

Here is GZ's official position on the issue:

I am pregnant and would like to travel as soon as possible. Can the Consulate expedite my application?

If you have already received our instruction packet, please contact us immediately. Please provide us with a letter from your doctor confirming your pregnancy and due date. We will try to expedite your application if possible.

However, we have had a few people on the Candle with similar situations.

Robhon's wife was pregnant and had her baby in China. As a son of a US Citizen, he got his passport as an infant. However, he was a few months old before his mother could get her visa.... Stories of Rob leaving the two of them behind in China were heartbreaking.

Did GZ expedite his application? I believe it took him over 4 months from the time the app left NVC until he got his P3..... The P4 and interview were several months later..... Perhaps that is their definition of expediting.

Mark's wife, Bea is pregnant now. They are anticipating getting the visa shortly before the baby is born, too late to get her on insurance in the USA, too early for them to stay in China.

I would not plan to use pregnancy as a crutch.

---- Clifford -----