Called the NVC today

I finally called the 800 number as my bf suggested, the time they said it will take for them to give a decision has passed and I am wondering how much longer it will take. So after I heard the message with the same information the site offers, I decided to wait 25 minutes for a live person, I choose a spanish speaking one, only to hear nothing new. I asked her if she had any idea why after 2 weeks have passed after the last update on processing times (April 22) they are still working on the same date. She got no answers, just asked me to wait. I know some of you guys have waited for a longer time for NOA2, but when you are given an approximate time, you just can't control yourself. I'm beginning to go insane, every morning as I wake up I tell myself: "today is day#...." I wish there was a formula to survive this waiting time. Some days are better than others, but it's just too tough. :lol:

Hey Mari,

Your doing the worse thing you could do to yourself!! Close your eyes and imagine the worse case senario. Prepare yourself for a long wait. Tell yourself you can handle the wait and its worth it. The longer you wait the more pleasure you'll have when the wait is over with. I know its easier said than done but i'm also doing this. It killed me too! I had to visit Nicola every 2 months. I'm with her now again but the worse thing you can do is expect the best case senario! It won't ever happen! Things go wrong all the time! Good luck Mari!! Its going to be over. Don't count it by days! Enjoy the time you have to be away so that you can prepare for the arrival of your loved one. I worked and worked while I waited for Nicola and just saved as much money as I could for her arrival. I also started looking for a car for her, sold our old home to find a new one, and much much more. There is soooooo much you can do to stay busy waiting for their arrival. The key is to NEVER go and sit at home with nothing to do. Stay busy!

Don, my concern is that when the "as of" date was April 8th, the I-129F's they were processing were the ones received on February 21th, 2weeks passed and they posted information "as of April 22" and they were still processing I-129F received on February 21, so after 2 weeks they were still processing the same date. It seemed to me that all the dates of the different applications they were processing remained the same after two weeks, so I wonder if they just updated "the date of the update" (sorry for the redundancy) but not the information of the processing date. Am I confusing you???

Thanks so much for your advice Sam, I know I should prepare for the worst case scenario, but it's hard as I've always been an optimistic, I try to keep myself busy, but the mind sometimes play tricks on yourself. Until now we have decided for me not to visit China in summer, as we need to save some money for our future plans, and then he's pretty busy now in his work, so that makes it harder as it's been 3 months now since the last time we saw each other, and who knows when can we see each other again, with this visa thing taking so long. Anyway, there's not much I can do to speed things up, thanks God I get the support I need from you guys.

When I got my NOA1 it said 150-180 days so when after 139 days I was very happy, you are in the fastest center there is and they won't even look at you twice unless it has been 30 days past due so just relax, I know it is very hard but if you don't then just go buy some prilosec cause your worry wil give you an ulcer.

I checked the USCIS site today and they have updated their processing dates. Last update was done on May 6 and Vermont claims it's now working I-129F's received on March 24, mine was received by them on March 17 and still I got no answer. Could it be that they take some time to send the notices and do the postings on the site?

Mari, I can truly understand your misery. It is awful! I didn't sleep good at the end of each phase we were in. Unfortunately for you.....You are only in phase 2. You still have NVC to deal with, and then the real nightmare starts. GZ is the slowest of all processes especially when you know you are so close.

I have no enlightening advice, I suppose the best thing you can do for yourself is to find something to do that will take your mind off of it.

If you find that possible, Lets patent it! I believe we could make gazillions of $$$ at CFL.

:) :D :D

Patrick

Mari,

I hadn't found the "now processing" page at BCIS.

I went by the 70 to 90 days on my reciept from NVC (wasn't BCIS then). At about day 100, I found the BCIS site, and was quite upset when the estimate had been modified to double the wait (150 to 180 days). True to their word, we got our RFE at under 180 days, and the "approval" after about 6.5 months.

Now, over year later, I can look back and just about laugh about my earlier impatience......

The only thing I have left to look at is the Moscow interview schedule. I still look at it a couple of times a week just to see if our case number has magically appeared. And, every month or so, I download the schedule into Excel, and calcuate where I am on the list. Currently I am down into the bottom 2.5% of the K1/K3 cases scheduled for an interview, and that is not a distinction that I like.... But, I still must laugh at this foolish system periodically.

Patrick, I'm lucky enough that my system never lets anything keep me awake at night, but the bad news are that during the day I'm too aware of my pending issues. At this point in my life I'm very busy at work and got other things to do at home also, and I know the most healthy solution is to stop worrying and just enjoy each day as it comes, but I guess this is just my nature, and I'll have to work hard on this, I"ll do my best. I should count my blessings, as I can always come here to look up for support.

Don, does it means then that by the time you finally receive the NOA2 your case might already be clearing the NVC?

Mari,

The NOA2 notice will show up on the BCIS website the day it is completed.

However, the written notice will be at least a week later. I doubt that your case would be clear from NVC at that time, but they should have received it, and would be processing it. The NVC has sped up significantly for most couples recently, generally taking a couple of weeks for processing.

----- Clifford -----

I checked the USCIS site today and they have updated their processing dates.  Last update was done on May 6 and Vermont claims it's now working  I-129F's received on March 24, mine was received by them on March 17 and still I got no answer.  Could it be that they take some time to send the notices and do the postings on the site?

Mari,

I really think you need to visit your local wine shop and load up. As others have said, this is only the first phase....

If you have no patience now, which it doesn't appear you do, you will be a nervous wreck in another 5 months or so.

I'm not really sure you understand the process, but the date on the website only means that paperwork with that date on it has made it to someones desk. So I have no idea why you would call now. If the date is 3/24 and your paperwork is dated 3/17, your paperwork is still on a shelf somewhere.

Also, these dates are only approximates anyways. I have heard of many stories of 2 sets of paperwork being submitted at the same time. One set will go through the whole process in 8 months, the other set could take 1 year or more.

You really need to sit back and relax as you are on a longgggg ride on a big roller coaster. And you haven't even started the climb up the first hill yet.

PF

Man, I came here for emotional support but when I look at your dates it stresses me out more. Now, I wish I didn't know what I know now. However, I am thankful for this website and I'm glad I now have brothers and sisters who understand what I'm going through.

Not sure if off topic but...

I have twice sent emails to both my senators asking about the delays and the differences in regional service center processing. Neither replied to either posting. Decided to get married in China anyway, thought it would be faster. Now NSC is on same date as NBC! :( Gonna start a TEFL program next month. If things don't speed up by summer, I will be teaching English in China in September. I refuse to let my government jerk me around. There are options to every circumstance.