NVC hasn't received our petition

Hi Everyone,

I'm new, and will post some sort of background in "Our stories later". I'm in US and my fiancee is waiting in China. We are in the K-1 process.

It's been 28days since CSC gave approval and allegedly sent the petition to the NVC. I called the NVC a week ago, and the operator told me to check again in a week, because the petition hasn't reached their office yet. I called yesterday, which was the 28th day since approval, and the operator seemed a little perplexed when I told her the approval date from CSC. She asked for my full name, SS#, address, petition#, my fiancee's name, etc. Then she told me to fax a letter of inquiry to their office, provided me with a fax number, and ended by saying they would return a judgement to me via postal service. I don't know if she meant to use the word judgement, or if she was just nervous.

Her tone of voice wasn't too comforting to say the least. She started to give me the usual, "Your file hasn't reached our office yet, please keep calling at least once a week." But when she heard the approval date, it seemed like she was searching the computer for more info on our case. Maybe I'm getting a little paranoid, but the nervousness in her voice didn't exactly make me feel any better.

I know CSC takes a long time to process files due to the heavy load they get. Should I be worried at this point? If not, then when should I be?

I've sent the fax, and all I can do is wait for a reply. If I don't hear from them by Monday, I'm going to call them again.

I spoke to my fiancee about it. She was very sad. I don't want to think the petition is lost already, but my fiancee asked me if I thought it might be. I told her to wait until we hear from them. Surely they couldn't have lost it already, right?

Best Wishes,

hk

Even after getting your petition through CSC, you are only at the halfway point. Don't be sad for small "bumps in the road". It will all be finished in a few months and you will be together again.

NVC has been processing apps in about a month lately. It should have been "received" by now.

Call BCIS on Monday (after checking with NVC). Maybe they can give you some shipment info on the package, or perhaps even resend it to NVC.

Thanks for the advice and the support.

The thought that the petition might be lost is what made her sad. Waiting can be stressful as well, but we've been waiting for some time now. We just want to be together, regardless of which country it is.

She's been waiting for over a year now. It's a long story, but we've known each other for three and a half years. We met when she was in University. We thought it would be best if she finished her degree and we'd start the process during her last semester. lol :( I was under the false impression that it would only take six months to get her a fiancee visa. I was even told that by someone on the phone when I called the BCIS and by a lawyer. I spoke to two different lawyers, but they weren't much help. I talked to several people and everyone, including the BCIS person advised me that K-1=6months and K-3=1year. It took me six months to get the right information on how to start the process. I finally went and saw a friend's cousin who does charity work helping people with immigration processes. He was helpful, but he didn't have any experience with fiancee's from China. He did however, get me started in the right direction. I wish I found CFL back when I was starting/learning the process, over a year and a half ago. There is a wealth of knowledge here, especially the experiences and research everyone shares. We did everything on our own, it was quite an experience putting the petition together. It was fun at times, and it was not so fun at times. It brought back a lot of fond memories of when we met. She is a wonderful person and I'm very happy/lucky she's been so patient.

I'll take your advice. Thanks again.

Have a nice day,

HK

My sense is that NVC gets the files in about 1-2 weeks after approval. Mine reached them in 6 days from TSC.

I have heard of one case in which the individual's files were lost in "transit" to the NVC. Actually, it turned out they were never sent. TSC finally found the files after the petitioner's governmental reps started making inquiries.

This was discussed on another board. You might try a search there to get some of the details.

http://pub103.ezboard.com/bk1advocacygroup

My sense is that NVC gets the files in about 1-2 weeks after approval.  Mine reached them in 6 days from TSC.

I have heard of one case in which the individual's files were lost in "transit" to the NVC.  Actually, it turned out they were never sent. TSC finally found the files after the petitioner's governmental reps started making inquiries.

This was discussed on another board.  You might try a search there to get some of the details.

http://pub103.ezboard.com/bk1advocacygroup

Thanks for the information. I've been to the site and actually see someone who was approved from CSC 11Mar04, but their petition is also UTL at NVC. I hope the batch sent out wasn't lost/misplaced. I'll give them until Monday to figure something out, then I'll call them.

Thanks again...

I was under the false impression that it would only take six months to get her a fiancee visa. I was even told that by someone on the phone when I called the BCIS and by a lawyer. I spoke to two different lawyers, but they weren't much help. I talked to several people and everyone, including the BCIS person advised me that K-1=6months and K-3=1year.

That is the story that many of us had.

I had anticipated that it would take a few months to get the visa. We applied in January 2003. I felt she could be here by late spring.

The first INS receipt seemed to indicate the same thing which said that the processing time should be 70-100 days..... I knew about the interview, but had thought that the initial processing would take about 3 months, then she would have an interview and the get the visa.

Even if I had done better research, when I applied, the NVC didn't even esist (it appeared sometime while my application was at Nebraska Service Center). The FBI namecheck was dreamed up only months before I sent in my app.

I had absolutely no idea that I would still be waiting 450 days later. And, I have no doubt that the total time will excede 500 days.

At least it gives us some time to work through some "issues" we have been having lately.

---------------------

Unfortunately, the two of you were in a difficult situation to plan the application around her school. If your fiancee had received her visa too early, she would only have been able to stay in China for 6 additional months before coming to the USA and might have had difficulties finishing her studies. Now she has finished school, and still no visa.

Don't give up hope. Your application will be located, and you will get "back on track" soon.

Good Luck,

Clifford

Clifford thanks for the support. Since the first post we both feel a lot better about things. The advice given by both you and Frank has been really helpful. I have an idea now on what to do to make sure we don't slip through the cracks. On the site Frank provided, I found someone with the same CSC approval date and UTL at NVC, and I also located some posts from fall 2003 from a person whose experience mirrors mine. Turns out the TSC approved her, sent her the NOA2, but didn't physically send the petition to the NVC. She posted the steps she took to correct the problem, which included calling her senator. She also posted her feelings about every step she took and her feelings about the responses they gave her. It was very uplifting. Her petition was officially "lost in transit", but with her senator's help her petition was found and resubmitted. She eventually got her k1 visa in relatively a short time after the petition was resubmitted.

My fiancee graduated a little over a year ago. She's been waiting patiently ever since. The last time I was with there was Oct-Nov03. Just like everyone else, lol, we talk two or three times a day. Thank godness for the Dynasky calling card. We write a lot of emails too. We actually thought she'd be here in Feb04, and we'd be married. lol :rolleyes: My family planned a big reception for us. It's ok. I know soon we'll be together, and my family will be able to have the big reception they would like to give us.

Thanks again. I know your wait will be worth it. Best wishes.