from Forbes

Watch Out For China Buying Spree, NATO Warns

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

A container ship in the German city of Hamburg[-]March 26, 2020. China has major stakes in at least a half dozen EU ports. NATO warns: make sure China doesn't use pandemic to buy more strategic assets. (Photo by MORRIS MAC MATZEN / AFP) AFP via Getty Images

“The geopolitical effects of the pandemic could be significant,” said NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg in web conference of defense ministers on Wednesday. “Some allies (are) more vulnerable for situations where critical infrastructure can be sold out,” he said. Of course he meant China. China has been busy buying Greek ports.

It already pretty much runs Italian textiles. It’s a wonder Italy even makes an espresso machine anymore.

China Overseas Shipping Company, aka COSCO, owns 90% of the only terminal operator in Belgium. COSCO has a 51% stake in and managerial control of port terminals in Valencia and Bilbao, Spain. They also have minority stakes in other terminals in Antwerp, Las Palmas and Rotterdam, according to a December 2019 study by a Netherlands think tank, seen here.

In my second year of college I had this English professor who REALLY spoke my language. This cat was a Marine veteran and he looked and talked exactly like "Joe Friday"...short flat-top, very concise speaking, and to the point. Also, this guy was probably the only conservative professor on any college campus in America, back in 1970. :rotfl:

Randy's title "Watch out for China" snapped my brain back in time to February 1970 when I saw the professor stand in class and tells us buncha hippies and hip-ites....."to hell with China!! We should let them know that while we are in Vietnam, if they don't like it then come on down to the party in Vietnam....It will be better to deal with China right now than it will be later in the future."

Boyz, Imma here to tells ya.....he almost got booed out of his own class. :happydance: I kept my mouth shut but inside I was cheering. And it wasn't long before I left that campus one morning and drove straight to the local recruiter's office in Olde Town Rockville, Md and walked into the Army recruiter's office and tol' him...."hey man, I wanna join the Army. I want to go to helicopter flight school, and I want to go to Vietnam and carry wounded grunts out of jungle hellholes and back to safety.

ha-ha, I am probably one of the few hillbilly dirt clods who joined the Army that got EVERYTHING I ASKED THE RECRUITER FOR. :guitar: :harhar1: Thank you, oh so much. Anybody seen my PTSD pills? :winkiss: