CEAC VISA STATUS

Hello,

After submitting packet 3 through CITIC bank end of October, the CEAC Visa status showed administrative processing and kept updating on 4, 8 and 13 November. Does this mean there is some kind of activity going on at the consulate concerning my case? Is there a time line as to when I would receive packet 4 to schedule medical and interview? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I got this reply today after I sent an email to Guangzhou yesterday.

Thank you for your email. Our record indicated that we’ve received the requested documents from you. And your case is under review. Once the review is completed, we will send your further instruction for next step. Please wait for our further instruction .

Looks like they are definitely processing it DS-260

UPDATE:

It still says Administrative processing but here is what happened.

After getting the above post reply from the consulate, the very next day they sent me the IV interview scheduling email. I wondered if my email prompted them or it was just ready on their side. Either way I believe this is the last step and they have asked to go ahead and schedule my interview and get my medicals done. I still need to collect some more documents, so mostly will schedule it for January.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I posted this segment earlier as well in a different topic but sounds appropriate to post it here as well.

CEAC status:

There is a new update concerning CEAC status starting 3 March. All Administrative processing status has been changed to Refused

https://travel.state...tus-change.html

When I checked my status it said Refused with the following Note:

A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

It did put me in panic mode the first time I checked but after reading some articles and youtube videos , I dont think it of any major concern and I hope that is right. IF anyone knows anything about it or can shed light on it, please do let me know.

Thank you.