Hello. Need some help with computer organization. I am not really a computer guy. I use what I need and that about it. When I get into trouble I try to figure out what I need to do to get out trouble. I am trying to resize some photos. I have maybe a 100 or more photos that i would like to resize so that I can email them. Don't need them to be HD. Don't really want them to HD. I am running Window 10. Ideally I would like to have a file (a) on my desktop with 100 photos Not (resized), Resized them all at once (in batch) and save them to another file (b). Then I want to email a copy of the resized file (b) to a friend. On my old computer it seemed easy. With Windows 10... not so easy. Especially the batch resizing. In the future, after getting this done I would like to organize my all of my photos that i have on my computer and also pull the ones that I have stored on CD's and DVD's. I am sure that I must have at least 1k to 2k of photos stored here and there. At least 10 years worth. Am I the only one that have failed to keep his photos disorganized? Any suggestion about any software that would help me get photo organized.. Thanks for any help, ideas and suggestion. Danb

I know just the app to do the task, I’ve used J-Album before as a tool for building web albums, it generates an album and resized photos from an existing collection of photos in a batch processing. You can toss out the HTML code and just keep the resized pics for emailing...

https://jalbum.net/en/software

I also had good luck putting them into a pdf file - just putting them into the pdf file compressed them by about 10 or 100 to 1 (I forget which) with no immediately visible loss of quality. I used Corel pdf fusiobn.

This is where I created a pdf archive of 16 photos from my parents' 1949 wedding to send to relatives. The jpg's total up to 56.7MB, reduced to 2.9MB in the pdf, but there was no immediately visible loss of quality (I didn't look real close, but they all look very good).

1e6412b939.jpeg

This resizing business got me coming and going. I did some googling and some of the info is not that clear. Tonight a guy at work showed me how he does it at work using Paint. Seemed to make sense at work . I did try it at work. It seemed to work there. I got home. Not so good. I can get the resizing done, I think. The problem I have is easily finding where the resized photos are. After resizing a photo, I do a "save as" and also just select "save". After that I cant find my work.... I think. I try to keep everything neat. I altered the name of the resized file so that I can keep track of it. I think I need to start from scratch and try it over again. I tried Jalbum. It wasn't so user friendly to me. I tried using help and googling some Jalbum videos. I got lost. I will try it again, next week. I haven't tried the PDF version yet. Another route I may try is to bring some of my old computers back to life and find what app i used to use. For now I would just like to take a file of large photo pic files. Run them thru a resizing app in batch, and then take the resized photos and email them off to my Lao Po. Thank You guys. I am pretty sure I understand the saying that "One can not teach an old dog new tricks." Sometimes I know who they were thinking of when they made that saying!! Thanks again. Take it easy.