Hello Nanning!! Dec 16, 2018. Question?

I have found that normally www.MSN.com is accessible on my computer. At least for the moment. MSN has a BING search window also that I can use. I tried to download the US Brower but was getting errors. It did not like the version of Window and type of computer that I have. For the moment I should be okay using BING. Now on to a new problem. The ATM cards that I used last year and the locations that I used them are not working. They are not accepting them. I told the banks of my Travel intentions a couple of weeks ago. I have enough funds in my accounts. I am going to ATM's that display CIRRUS and the NYCE logo's. I have asked for 3000 rmb and also asked for 2000 rmb. I normally use CCb and BOC in China. Both do not work. Any suggestion of what to do or try now? Has something changed in using ATM's in China in the past 11 months or so? Any suggestion. This is not a good situation for me. I have done what I have done in the past. Had no real problem. But now....Aiyaa.. What to do.??

ATM logo's are simply decals - and dependent on (very fragile these days, apparently) alliances with the corresponding banks.

Try wiring money - easier if you have someone who can send money to you - bank-to-bank, Western Union, or Xoom.

Possibly a trip to Hong Kong?

Although I am only 34, I have experienced gout-like symptoms for the past 6 years or so. Yikes!

Many times Chinese friends say alcohol, hot pot, seafood, and all sorts of other types of things bring it on.

For me, I randomly discovered that draft beer does it for me.

I can eat or drink any type of seafood, meat, hot pot, baijiu, bottled beer, whiskey, etc., but if I have some draft beer from the tap, well, my big toes won't be feeling too good for a couple days and I can barely walk.

After somehow pinpointing it was the draft beer, haven't drank any and have not experienced gout like symptoms in about 2 years.

There seem to be a fair amount of people that have had bouts of gout. Having gout is no fun. And drinking draft beer....wait a minute I normally drink bottle beer. Cheap bottle beer. Well at least I am a little lucky, sometimes. On a different note does any one know of a general info number that I can call and asked questions in English. I could swear there was one about five or 8 years ago. I got some good advice on the location of the Vietnam consulate in Nanning. Any ideas?

There seem to be a fair amount of people that have had bouts of gout. Having gout is no fun. And drinking draft beer....wait a minute I normally drink bottle beer. Cheap bottle beer. Well at least I am a little lucky, sometimes. On a different note does any one know of a general info number that I can call and asked questions in English. I could swear there was one about five or 8 years ago. I got some good advice on the location of the Vietnam consulate in Nanning. Any ideas?

I always Google it - this looks likes it's east of Nanhu Lake on Minzhu Dadao. The subway has a stop for Jinhu Square

f2ebbaa39a.png

Address: 1ST floor, Touzi Dasha, 109 Minzu Avenue, Nanning, CHINA.

China, Guangxi Zhuangzuzizhiqu, Nanning Shi, Qingxiu Qu, Jinhu N Rd, 金湖路55号航洋大厦 邮政编码: 530021
广西壮族自治区南宁市青秀区金湖北路金湖路55号航洋大厦 邮政编码: 530021
R979+JM Qingxiu, Nanning, Guangxi, China
+86 771 551 0560

Bing would probably works as well, if you don't have a VPN yet.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Hi Randy, I tried searching the number with Bing. No luck yet. I do have a vpn but don't used it. Maybe silly but waiting for when I really need it. Then I can breakout. That will be when if I can't access my banking accounts on my computer and maybe when I do my bill paying on line. BTW. There is a new foreign consulate area in Nanning. If you are coming from the old Walmart down Minzu Dadao to MICX... the new shopping mall. There take a right and go maybe 4-8 blocks and there are a collection foreign offices/ building. Mostly asian countries I believe. Thanks. Danb