I am helping my mother-in-law to apply for a visitor visa to come to the US. I see multiple suggestions to supply an I-134. We will be sending her the information for her interview over email and I am a bit concerned with the detail the I-134 requires. I don't really want to put my SSN and bank account details all in one place and send it via email, or even in the snail mail system from US to China. How necessary is it to provide all of those details for a visitor visa? Can I leave the SSN blank and not attach the statements or is that poinless?

Thanks.

I am helping my mother-in-law to apply for a visitor visa to come to the US. I see multiple suggestions to supply an I-134. We will be sending her the information for her interview over email and I am a bit concerned with the detail the I-134 requires. I don't really want to put my SSN and bank account details all in one place and send it via email, or even in the snail mail system from US to China. How necessary is it to provide all of those details for a visitor visa? Can I leave the SSN blank and not attach the statements or is that poinless?

Thanks.

The I-134 is not a required document - you could provide the same information WITHOUT using the I-134, and without anything you don't wish to disclose. It's up to the Visa Officer to determine how to interpret what they are given.

There's always EMS or Fed-Ex for a traceable, secure (and reasonably quick) mailing system.