Renewing 10 year green card

I'm happy to say this forum has been an enormous help to me over the last several years while I applied for a green card for my spouse through DCF and then the removal of conditions process. During this time I have amassed a large amount of paperwork to show as "evidence" for the removal of conditions. Thankfully my husband finally has received his 10 year permanent resident card. He currently does not plan on applying for citizenship and will most likely renew his green card in the future when it expires.

So my question is... am I finally safe to shred all this evidence of the bona fides of our relationship?! From what I can tell it is not needed for applying for citizenship or to renew his green card, however I think I will be forever paranoid that someone out there is going to ask me to prove our relationship is not a sham. Can someone reassure me that It's not necessary to hold onto all these bank statements, old lease agreements, expired rental insurance contracts ect that I have been lugging around for years? I would love nothing more than to shred it all and finally close this chapter in my life.

Some relationship evidence is needed if applying for naturalization at 3 to 5 years of residency, however beyond that point, relationship evidence would no longer be needed.

What I would do with all that paperwork, I would scan it all and save the resulting pictures or PDF files in a safe place just in case it is ever needed for any reason.

Renewal of a 10 year card is filing an I-90 and paying a fee, not much in the way of evidence other than if changing name.

Citizenship is a little more involved, filing a N-400

• Copies of joint tax returns.
  • List of all trips abroad detailing exit and arival dates.
  • Copy of marrige status document(s) (Current Marriage cert and (death cert, divorce, or anulment of prior marrhage(s))
  • Evidence spouse is a US Citizen for at least 3 years if filing the N-400 at 3-5 years of residence.
  • and other evidence related to ciminal and time abroad longer than 6 months.
  • Like 1