An abnormally "heavy" suitcase

in the SCMP

The abnormally heavy luggage initially passed Shanghai customs’ X-ray inspection

_96380076_fd5c532f-6d55-41b2-b699-583722

When they asked her to remove her belongings from the suitcases for checks, officers found the empty luggage much heavier than normal ones, the report said. A young officer could not even lift the empty luggage with one hand.
Their suspicions aroused, the customs officials then took samples of the suitcase material for testing. The tests quickly revealed the strong presence of cocaine, according to the report.

A total of 10.19kg of the drug was derived from the suitcases, which were built with a mix of cocaine and other materials.

"A young officer could not even lift the empty luggage with one hand."

Couldn't lift 10kg with one hand, what kind of Officers are they employing?

Gotta love the embellishments the news can put out when they are going for the shock and awe effect.

El Dorado Intl airport in Bogota sees this kind of hiding and trying to smuggle drugs almost on a daily basis. Their people profiling, scanners, and canines catch the vast majority of the bad guys. It never ceases to amaze me the creative ways people can come up with to try to sneak contraband on through.

Interesting too that the way I am reading it is that it was leaving Shanghai, not coming into. Just didn't perceive Shanghai as a producer.

Then again, recanning empty Bud cans and even making fake rice......., I should know by now to not be surprised at any of that stuff.

• Like 1

"A young officer could not even lift the empty luggage with one hand."

Couldn't lift 10kg with one hand, what kind of Officers are they employing?

Gotta love the embellishments the news can put out when they are going for the shock and awe effect.

El Dorado Intl airport in Bogota sees this kind of hiding and trying to smuggle drugs almost on a daily basis. Their people profiling, scanners, and canines catch the vast majority of the bad guys. It never ceases to amaze me the creative ways people can come up with to try to sneak contraband on through.

Interesting too that the way I am reading it is that it was leaving Shanghai, not coming into. Just didn't perceive Shanghai as a producer.

Then again, recanning empty Bud cans and even making fake rice......., I should know by now to not be surprised at any of that stuff.

No, it DOES say she was ARRIVING from South America

Shanghai customs revealed on Tuesday that the Southeast Asian woman was arrested after she arrived at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport from South America on February 15.

That makes a lot more sense coming into than leaving. But I am surprised she got out of South America in the first place, espically by plane.

I was not able to open the link on my end here and was just going off the posted info, (wants me to download more storage space first before I can open to read the link).